Not eating past 8 pm

Options
13»

Replies

• MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself more calories at the end of the day and eat something after 8pm. It doesn't matter when you eat your calories, only the sum total of them matter in terms of weight loss.
    ^^^this
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I eat when I want. I don't have any kind of regular hours for sleep. The time I fall asleep is unbelievably random.
  • flawwd
    flawwd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to snack in the evenings. I'm so good all day and then I end up blowing it at night after dinner when I seem to want to eat EVERYTHING. I've been thinking about not allowing myself to eat anything after 8 pm. Teeth brushed, nothing else in my mouth. Has anyone on here done this before? Did you find it helped?

For me, I need to have something at bedtime as I don't sleep if I am hungry. But we do eat a little later, say 7:30, then I'll have a cup of hot skim with either a bit of honey or small amount of chocolate ovaltine. That works for me, but everyone is different. But I find it help me to do what others have suggested... I close my food log right after dinner with my bedtime snack added. That way if I am tempted to snack, I know I'll have to go in and open up my daily food log again. That gives me a reminder to stop.
  • Binnee95
    Binnee95 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do not eat after 7:30 and I find it helps me tremendously. That is the time I seem to want to emotional eat the most and if I start I will not stop. So I brush up for the night and that's that. It really seems to help me sleep better too.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I generally don't ... only cause it gives my body time to burn off that fat overnight due to the lack of available food.

Besides in the morning .. I am ready for breakfast after not eating for 12 hours and ready to kick start a productive day.