Looking for other Pole Fitness people :-)

Options
2»

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I like poles

Would you like to practice?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I took a strip tease class, but we just used chairs. I dressed as a devil. A lot of my friends do pole dancing. I like it.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I want to do that so bad! I found a place that has classes near me but need to get in better shape before I start, my upper body strength is basically nonexistent lol

Don't wait!! Pole dancing will get you into better shape. You'll build upper body and core strength in no time at all!! Go give it a shot :wink:
  • daediniarcaliel
    Options
    i used to do pole dancing. it was really tough work, by the way! :D i loved it, though. then i had my accident and since then my knee injury has prevented me from starting again. since you work a lot with the knees to hold your body weight on the pole, i just am too scared to do it anymore. i have started to concentrate only on running. :) but i miss my poledancing days, haha
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I pole dance and I love it! It will strengthen muscles you never knew you even had. Trust me! lol. I contribute alot of my weight loss and toning to pole fitness. It's a lot more than gyrating around a pole with sexy moves... it's a intense workout that strengthens your core, upper body strength, legs, abs, glutes, flexibility and your self confidence. :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've recently started pole fitness and I absolutely love it! Within the past three weeks I have noticed an incredible difference in my strength and body! I'm just seeking out other polers to chat with and share stories!! <3 Please feel free to add me!

Jackie

FR Chocolickkyss

She takes extensive pole fitness classes with many levels. I didnt realize pole dancing was so involved. She loves it!
  • Rokoye83
    Rokoye83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started pole dancing in February and couldn't be happier with the emotional and physical gains it has given me. Feel free to add me Fellow Polers :)
  • Rokoye83
    Rokoye83 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi :-) Have you gone to your first class yet?! My tips, go in with an open mind, give it all you've got, be willing to laugh at yourself -- trust me, be sexual in front of a bunch of other women you don't know can feel quite awkward at first :-) Drink lots of water after class, you'll be having so much fun that you don't realize you've just had one heck of a workout. And try not to judge yourself based on other's capabilities, some moves come incredibly easy to people and some that seem like they should be basic can take months to master, everybody's different. And everyone has a different dance style, just relax and flow with the music and you'll find yours.

Have fun!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

^^This
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    <----Pole dancer here. I don't like to call it "pole fitness." That's for people trying to legitimize it. I do it for the sex-ay! :devil:

Feel free to add me. I love meeting fellow polers!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I took my first pole class this past Saturday at Flirty Girl Fitness. OMG!! I have a new found respect for strippers!! That workout was so hard! I was sweating buckets!! You need tons of upper and lower body strength. I take a Boot Camp 3 days a week for strengthening if I didnt do that I would not have been able to keep up in the class and i was still sore afterward!!

Excellent workout I would definitely take classes again.
  • kristina_beck
    kristina_beck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started at the beginning of this month. I have only been to 2 Pole classes and 1 Chair/Pole class. I am loving it but I honestly have a hard time "letting go" and being sexy.
    I actually teach yoga and other classes like Barre but this is a whole different animal and very much out of my comfort zone.
    A lot of my friends aren't very supportive of it which is a shame because it is a great workout
  • Jenn19891
    Jenn19891 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pole fitness for 2 months now, and it is definitely a crazy workout. My arms, shoulders and core in particular have gained so much strength. I'm starting to get into intermediate level tricks now, and I'm absolutely hooked. Not everyone is supportive of it, but it doesn't really bother me. Fellow polers feel free to add me. :)