My goals for today are:
    -No diet Pepsi
    -Do W3D1 of C25K
    -Stay under 1200 net calories
    -Go skating with my kids
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    Morning All. Last day off work. Boo to going back tomorrow!
    My goals are to stay under my calories, drink lots of water, and I have to check my 30 Day challenge, it may be a rest day. If it is a rest day I may still play my Wii Just Dance. Most of my meals are already planned today, except lunch. I also need to get all my stuff together to go back to work tomorrow and plan my food for work lunches.

Cheers Team Ed
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    What are Monster Sets? Are those the strength building exercise you said you were going to tell me about?

My goal for today is to still make it to the gym and get a decent workout in, even though I'll be on little to no sleep. This night owl thing has it's downsides.

Monster sets (or Giant sets, ppl call them all kind of crazy things) are awesome. You target all the upper body muscles. You can also do legs but they need to be at the beginning. But you do a set of 10 for each body part. It needs to be the heaviest you can do 10 reps at. You dont rest. You just go straight to the next set and do 10. After you have done all the sets (covering shoulders, back, triceps, chest, biceps, etc) you take a 30 second rest. Then you start all over again but lower the weight 10 pounds. Do all your sets then 30 seconds to rest and start again. Then you are done. You do this twice a week (no more) and do it for 4 weeks. Then its a min of 2 weeks off and you can do it again. The next day your muscles are still popping!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    Joined a new gym yesterday and have my first session with a PT tomorrow, so need to think about what I really want to achieve!

Mandy x
    Setting goals is very important. Even a goal of just "better overall health" is awesome!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Same goal under cal and do p90x
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Morning guys.

Day 2 of vegetarian diet with no sugar except from fruit/veggies
    Day 4 of no caffiene
    50 pushups and 100 crunches before bed
    at least 1/2 gallon of water
  • Shash27
    Shash27 Posts: 172
    Options
    I hope I can still join Team Ed! My goals today are to get back on track after my vacation. Stay under calories, hit the elliptical and drink water
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! My goals for today are to drink more water, Wii for at least 15 minutes (without getting dizzy or nauseated!), watching my sugar and fat intake, and staying under my allotted calories! Good luck to all!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My day is almost over. =^_^=
    I stayed under my cals today, actually even a bit too far under, but well. One day won't hurt.
    I got lots of water in, which is actually never a prob for me.
    Yesterday I said I wanna start my workouts again today. And even though I hear my couch calling my name, I will go and do my Zumba right now, mostly because I promised yesterday that I will do it. So I can honestly say this Team already helped me to get back on track.
    See ya all later, it's time to shake that booty LOL
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Reporting in.

Did my 1st turbo session with my new training buddy. We used one of those cycling training dvds and used a mountain climbing one. Spent just over an hour chasing some of the worlds best riders up the hardest climbs.

Im going to be over my calorie goal due to not eating enough after yesterdays exercise and having to eat at 2am because i couldn't sleep.

Must remember to eat properly after a hard training session.

Hope everyone has had a good day, i know i have. Off to collapse now. :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone!
    Home from work, only at 551 calories and 7 waters down.

Today is "supposed" to be a rest day.
    I'm following this running schedule:
    http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/marathon-training-schedule.html
    (chart is at the bottom of the page)
    FWIW I don't think I will ever actually run a marathon, it's more just to keep me on track with easy days, long days, rest days, etc.
    But who knows. That could eventually be a long term goal of mine.
    Right now, goal for this year is to enter a 5K and run the whole thing no walking. Once I accomplish that I'll raise it to a 10K and we'll see from there!

But even though it's a rest day I still feel like doing something. It should be something that doesn't involve my legs much though, so it doesn't mess with my running schedule. Maybe yoga/stretching, and abs...
  • CaptainJim157
    Options
    Well, my day didn't go as planned, :( I had a good day at work, but then when I got home I found out my aunt died this morning :(
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Well, my day didn't go as planned, :( I had a good day at work, but then when I got home I found out my aunt died this morning :(

Sorry to hear that. Hugs.:frown:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :drinker: Having my first glass of water for today (need 7 more at least).
    I'm about to do my yoga for today.
    Need to check out the menu for O'Charley's...and hope that there is something I can eat (lunch with my best friend today...yay!)
    Those are my only goals for today...first day back to a normal schedule after 2 1/2 week break...need to ease back in slowly...especially with only 3 hours of sleep last night.
    Good luck everyone on meeting your goals for today!

Okay...so my day hasn't gone as planned. Started off well...did my yoga, have had 4 glasses of water so far, ended up eating fish for lunch (salmon)....so I reverted to pescatarian for today....not gonna happen again. Then I went to my local trail...sprained my ankle and my knee is killing me. So...I may not be doing anything physical for the next few days. :sad: :angry:

The only good thing is that I haven't slipped on my resolution for the year. Yay!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are with you.
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Go team proud of all of you!!!

Not feeling well today still sore from yesterdays work out. Was able to get in 10 min of walking in place, even though I didnt get a lunch. I am over on my cals for the day (stupid bagel) the day hasnt ended though I am planning on playing the wii with my daughter.
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    Sooooooooo, Imma sound like a broken record a lot of the days...:laugh: I will most def be under in calories since breakfast didn't happen and neither did lunch. Oh well, what can you do right??:ohwell: I also need to get at least a 45-50 minute run in tonight...NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!:grumble: I am so proud of all of you and love the support I see here.:flowerforyou: My thoughts and prayers go out to Mike. Sorry to hear you Aunt passed away, Buddy. We are all here for you!!!:heart: So, here's hoping everyone's January 4th rocks their socks!!!:drinker:<--That is water, just sayin'...
    :heart:Lou
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!!!

My goals for today are:
    -No diet Pepsi
    -Do W3D1 of C25K
    -Stay under 1200 net calories
    -Go skating with my kids

Did my 4 goals today YAY!!!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    My goals are
    1. Get to gym on time today. Done ( well I was 15 min late )
    2. Stay under my calorie goal.
    3. Get my new years goals on paper.
    4. Go to bed early enouf so I can function the next day.

Well I got thur my workout but it was hard and I just wanted to go home and crawl back under my cover. It is cold hear today -11 burr think I might have froze my (*)(*) off.

Got goals 1 - 3 done today and I am going to bed pretty much now will not know if it is early enouf intill tomorrow if not will try to go to bed earlyer tomorrow. Good night every one.
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear this my prayes are with you and your family.