Going out tonight..

Options
So, I'm going out to a pub to visit with a friend in town from England. I'm having a dilemma as to whether to indulge or not. I think I'll feel incredibly guilty if I indulge. I still have 600 someodd calories left, but we all know how quickly those goes if you have a couple drinks and an appy.. i'll probably end up being quite a bit over.. Any body's thoughts? I'm wrestling with my inner fat kid right now.

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Go and have a good time with your friend. Try and keep the drinks simple like gin and tonic. The calories will go further. Have fun
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    You have been here since 2011. Have you learned nothing?
  • itsadogslife
    itsadogslife Posts: 209
    Options
    I've only started really using the forums and the whole app regularly for the last couple months.. prior to that it was always on and off.. i've been consistent now
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    I've only started really using the forums and the whole app regularly for the last couple months.. prior to that it was always on and off.. i've been consistent now

See now you're going to appeal to my feeling. Go ahead and go drink. I, on behalf of MFP, grant you a free pass to drink and eat all you wish.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You have been here since 2011. Have you learned nothing?

This... & enjoy your night!!!! One night will NOT ruin your progress. :drinker:
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I can struggle with pub nights sometimes but really I usually just have a good time. It's not worth fighting over with yourself. You CAN go to a pub, drink a few, have a nice light appy and still have an amazing time without any detriment to your regimen. No one said you needed a pitcher of beer with 1 straw and 40 bbq wings. :bigsmile:
  • itsadogslife
    Options
    :drinker: Haha, Okay okay. general consensus is to go have fun. Deal. Last night out was 4 months ago and it was my cherry popping of going to my first strip club ahaha.. okay..
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options
    I can struggle with pub nights sometimes but really I usually just have a good time. It's not worth fighting over with yourself. You CAN go to a pub, drink a few, have a nice light appy and still have an amazing time without any detriment to your regimen. No one said you needed a pitcher of beer with 1 straw and 40 bbq wings. :bigsmile:

But two dozen wings and two pitchers of dark beer are okay right? Right? right?
  • itsadogslife
    Options

haha.. if i had a pitcher of beer, i would be a lost cause. Two glasses of wine and i'm ready for a dance party.. :P
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    what's the point of living if you don't indulge every once and a while? go out. enjoy yourself. indulge. and then back to your routine tomorrow.
  • memorymaze
    memorymaze Posts: 63
    Options
    Go and have a good time with your friend. Try and keep the drinks simple like gin and tonic. The calories will go further. Have fun

Tonic water is full of sugar and calories. Gin and club soda with a lime is my go-to. Light and refreshing.
  • littlebutlean
    Options

But two dozen wings and two pitchers of dark beer are okay right? Right? right?

As long as the beer is dark there's really no limit on acceptability! It's ALWAYS within limits. :drinker: :drinker:
  • dinojay28
    dinojay28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're very consistent with yourself on your caloric intake with that said I believe everyone needs to let the hair down every once in a while so don't over obsess! Go out and forget those ony 600 calories left have fun! And You'll be back at it tomorrow with an extra hard cardio interval session and back on track with calories! Good luck
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

haha.. if i had a pitcher of beer, i would be a lost cause. Two glasses of wine and i'm ready for a dance party.. :P

So there you go, you end up with negative calories. Dancing burns more than the amount you could possibly drink. So bottoms up! *broscience*
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

So there you go, you end up with negative calories. Dancing burns more than the amount you could possibly drink. So bottoms up! *broscience*

fact.

that's some pretty solid broscience there, brometheus
  • littlebutlean
    Options

Tonic water is full of sugar and calories. Gin and club soda with a lime is my go-to. Light and refreshing.

Yup, also vodka+water's or diet rum+coke which is essentially like ~80-90 cals a highball and is entirely acceptable for the mind to accept without guilt.

Besides, after about 4-5 you start losing count so I only put 4-5 in my diary. :bigsmile:
  • PurpleStars73
    Options
    Have fun!!! :drinker:
  • SGM_Adonis
    Options

fact.

that's some pretty solid broscience there, brometheus

Brofucius bromigo...get that *kitten* right.
  • memorymaze
    memorymaze Posts: 63
    Options

Yup, also vodka+water's or diet rum+coke which is essentially like ~80-90 cals a highball and is entirely acceptable for the mind to accept without guilt.

Besides, after about 4-5 you start losing count so I only put 4-5 in my diary. :bigsmile:

Haha that's totally me. "I think I had about 4... or 5... or maybe it was 6...."
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    thatonegirlwiththestuff Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    600 calories left?!?! You can have an amazing time on that. Few vodka cocktails, merlot perhaps, and a light appetizer. Usually by the time I go out, I'm at my max and just think ''Oh F it.''