Diet Bet 10% Transformer too much?

Options
Hello all! Question.

I am currently at 146, down from my highest of 172 many years ago (woohoo!) and down from 150 six months ago. I've struggled with eating healthy these past few months. Last summer I was 150, then dropped to 140 very quickly by the Eat to Live Diet, then gained much of it back over the holidays.

I was thinking about participating in the diet bet 10% transformer, which is where you lose 10% of your body weight in small increments over 6 months. But I was wondering if 10% was an unhealthy amount for me. I am 5'8"-5'8.5".

Looking at BMI calculators, a 10% loss is still in a healthy BMI range, about 20.2.

If I'm only losing 0.5-1 lbs per week, is this safe weight loss?

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    14 lbs in 6 months at your height and current weight... if your struggling now.. that is going to be extremely difficult.. Your past your days of Weight loss challenges..

You could better spend your time over 6 months lifting some weights and focusing on dropping your BF%
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I don't like it because it discourages you to add muscle.
  • tinableee
    Options
    I don't like it because it discourages you to add muscle.

Yeah, that's something I was concerned with as well.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you are not thinking about gaining muscle yet, the loss rate is pretty reasonable. I have signed up for a transformer and 3 more 4 week games. Fingers crossed!

The 4 week games can actually be a bit taxing, especially for someone who still has a lot to lose (requiring over 2 pounds a week), but I started after a "break" so I had enough water weight to lose making the rest of the month comfortable.
  • katenorris84
    katenorris84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall I just posted a new 4 week diet bet at http://diet.bt/1nRyja9 incase you're interested.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hey Yall I just posted a new 4 week diet bet at ________ncase you're interested.
    People this is spam. Don't go there.