motivation please..?

Options
let me start with this: i am a very lazy person. a few months ago i started doing exercises everyday and keeping track of the calories i consumed. about 2 weeks later, i stopped. it started with me not having enough time or forgetting to do my workouts one day. soon that turned into 2 days. then 3. and soon i stopped for good. i even stopped calculating my calorie intake too!

i would not like that to occur again.. i have begun anew and i plan on standing firm and planting my feet this time. it's been about a week and a half since i've started excercising again. and i created this acount 5 days ago because i figured i would need support.

and boy, do i need it now. i haven't exceercised in the last 2 days! i can slowly feel myself begining to give up again, but i really don't want to. does anyone have anyone have good advice to get me out of this funk? i do not want history to repeat itself!

any support or motivation is appreciated! thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    As for exercise, I'm not much help, but as for logging and tracking, I promise it can become an easy habit over time. Just stick with it a few weeks to get used to it.
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You can get back on track. If I can exercise then I believe that most people can because over the years I've never been all that active which has definitely played a role in my weight spiralling out of control.

Remember why you're doing this and if you need to check out the community page with people's success stories and that should motivate you.

You can do it. I believe in you. :D
  • EarlyLamp
    EarlyLamp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everything is easier when you have friends checking up on your progress; that's what
    movitvates me the most to keep tracking my food and go do some exercises ;)

You're just going to feel much better when people see that you're doing good!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    It will happen again! It will happen over and over. The people that find success are the ones that don't stop renewing there own personal motivation. I have to re committ almost daily.

Motivation........you want success? Then do the work!!!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/08/31/is-it-really-worth-it/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apdanJtiFrg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iem4MfRNOWY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jYnLMe0Vic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsXGoLMMk1s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHGvgX0vDlI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mno63bWIqNc
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Just think about why you started in the first place. Picture your ultimate goal, and know that you are capable of achieving that. No one else can do it for you - it is 100% within your grasp. If you're willing to put in the work, you can be that person that you want to be. Stop making excuses, stop letting yourself get away with not putting in the work. In a week, in a month, in a year, you'll wish you started today. So just start.
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Motivation........you want success? Then do the work!!!

Thanks :-D I needed this today, every single muscle and bone in my body aches but I have a long bike ride in the training plan for today and a long run tomorrow (Monday is rest day, thank goodness). It's raining and windy outside and I really just want to go back to bed. But I am going to get up, go out and GET IT DONE :-). Because when I get to my race day I'll be glad I did.
  • berwick13
    berwick13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Put on some of your fav. fast paced music and DANCE!!! Even makes housework fun and you get an extra workout. Life is fun....enjoy.:smile:
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    some of you are being very supportive! thank you!:smooched:

as for others, i asked for motivation, to make me believe in myself and believe that i can do it. i did NOT ask for you to complain about how i am "making excuses." if you do not like my topic, don't respond.:smile:

thanks again!:drinker:
  • gillminto
    gillminto Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,
    Regarding exercise find something that you enjoy doing and get some support such as an exercise buddy to keep you motivated. In the early stages accountability is important, if you know you have to report to someone say every week then you tend to keep it up. There are some great classes out there at the moment, I stopped exercising a few years ago because I didn't like going to a gym and the classes were just boring. I found a great ladies fitness studio where everyone is very supportive and friendly. I know do 2 advanced Pilates classes a week, Boxing bootcamp, Kettlecise and have a Personal training session. If you need some support you can let me know how you are doing and I will keep you motivated. :-)
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I try to look at my exercise as a medication I need daily. If I hadn't lost all this weight (and exercise did play a part in that), then I would be on medication that I would need to take every day for diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol.

So I figured the choice was mine to make.....take medication every day for something I could prevent or make exercise the prescription I use every day.

Some people enjoy exercise, some do not. I think everyone has to find their own activity that they enjoy enough to stick with it. So find something you like and try some new things too. You never know what might turn out to be so much fun it doesn't seem like work.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    You have to really want it and make no excuses. There are no gimmicks or shortcuts. Move more and eat less.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Exercise is important, and the longer you stick with it the more you will feel like you need it. For weight loss logging accurately is the important part. Once you form the habit it will be second nature and not even a chore to log. Keeping exercise and logging as 2 separate activities can help, that way if you slack on exercise you won't lump it in with logging and still be working on weight loss. Many here say logging is for weight loss, exercise is to be able to eat more and fitness.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    find a race thats a few months from now. maybe september or something. register for it. that'll give you something to keep your focus on for the entire summer.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    Hi,
    Regarding exercise find something that you enjoy doing and get some support such as an exercise buddy to keep you motivated. In the early stages accountability is important, if you know you have to report to someone say every week then you tend to keep it up. There are some great classes out there at the moment, I stopped exercising a few years ago because I didn't like going to a gym and the classes were just boring. I found a great ladies fitness studio where everyone is very supportive and friendly. I know do 2 advanced Pilates classes a week, Boxing bootcamp, Kettlecise and have a Personal training session. If you need some support you can let me know how you are doing and I will keep you motivated. :-)

thank you! a buddy! that was probably what i needed!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    You have to really want it and make no excuses. There are no gimmicks or shortcuts. Move more and eat less.

you obviously did not read my post from before:laugh:
  • hjblackburn26
    Options
    We sound a lot alike. I'm the same way...I start out motivated and then something happens or I get lazy and then I'm not on here for two months. I recently started back again myself and I am seeking help and guidance to keep from going back to the old ways again. One thing I have learned over the past few days from some people is to not beat yourself up if you have a bad day. Remember, tomorrow is a new day and you can start fresh, one day won't undo all the other days you have done well on your journey. Good luck to you and I hope we can help each other during this time.
  • bugtaylor
    bugtaylor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    THE RACE DOESN'T GO TO THE SWIFT NOR THE STRONG BUT TO THE ONE WHO ENDURES!