Newbie & first week on Focus T25 complete!

Options
Hi Everyone!

I'm Jess, and from the UK. I'm wanting to lose my last 10 or so pounds of baby weight! Recently just completed the first week of Focus T25, and boy was it hard!

Looking to make MFP friends to just get the extra bit of motivation :)

Replies

• 101sal
    101sal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and good luck
  • appletart88
    appletart88 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hiya
    I'm from the uk too and I'm on day 5 of T25- how did you find it? It's so hard lol
    Feel free to add me :-)
  • jessbell_1984
    Options
    Found it really hard but I still dug deep and was determined not to give up! Today is Staturday...I was a little disheartened to see I didn't lose any weight, but on the other hand I have got inch loss :)
  • Malachai76
    Malachai76 Posts: 128
    Options
    T25 is one of my favs completed it last november alpha through to gamma, the losses will come i lost 14lbs doing t25. Currently doing another workout called TapOutXT which is mainly strength with some cardio, looking to hybrid with t25 for an extra calorie burn. My favourite workout was speed 2.0 its great 25 minutes just flys by, both feel free to add i'm a daily logger and like to help motivate my friends
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I've just completed my first week of T25 too & also from UK and got between 10 and 14lbs to lose.

I found it hard work - especially Lower focus (didn't like that at all!), but I am enjoying it and looking forward to see what results I get next week. I measure my self on first weekend of every month and lost 1.5lbs since last Saturday, so quite happy. Feel free to add me.
  • BaronVonPal
    BaronVonPal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I just started my first day of T25 today so i cant say much but was wondering are ye guys sticking to meal plan the have or do ye have your own recipes
  • Just_Sha
    Just_Sha Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting T25 today. Feel free to add me. I need a little extra motivation as well.
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi!i'm starting Beta tomorrow! i've lost so far 4,5 kg during alpha !
    dont feel discouraged,everybody is different,maybe the next week you will see major differences.
    Are you drinking enough water?the toxins your body burns leave the body trough your liver and kidneys so they need water to do that,drink AT LEAST 1,5L of water everyday.
    For hydration,your muscles need it in order to work properly ,and you may have water weight if you haven't drink enough water,and all you need to lose that is drinking water.

Feel free to add me :)

also,during my first and second week i was absolutely terrified of the workouts because i knew what was coming and how hard it would be and literally had to force me to do it,but in the end i would feel so proud of myself,because i knew that if wanted change i needed to do something different. try to think that way,in the 3rd week you will feel much more empowered and wanting to do it,and feeling awesome after knowing that you can do it.

when you see changes you will want more and more trust me :)
  • HJO1403
    HJO1403 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Go hard at it!

I really want to do T25, has anyone done Insanity & T25?
    Which is better!
  • Malachai76
    Malachai76 Posts: 128
    Options
    I've done them both they are both ace, if i had to pick it would be t25 it's shorter but most of what it misses out is a warm and a stretch actual workout time is about the same as month one of insanity there is a lot less plyo and drills that you get in insanity.
    I got great results with both, i would say if you're more advanced you probably get more from insanity if your new or looking for a more fun workout then t25
  • Kerri81
    Kerri81 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Going to start T25 today and feeling excited. Feel free to add me. I can always you the motivation. :)
  • traceyforce
    Options
    Hi - first day here and first day trying T25. My question is.... does it really matter what time of day you do it? Is morning more beneficial? I'm looking forward to this journey.
  • saradsilva
    saradsilva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi - first day here and first day trying T25. My question is.... does it really matter what time of day you do it? Is morning more beneficial? I'm looking forward to this journey.

Sometimes i was doing it at night,the results were exactly the same,you do whenever you feel like it.but not to close to bed time or a meal,your stomach might be upset during the workout,wait at least 45 minutes.
  • traceyforce
    Options
    Thanks so much. I will start it tonight, but from now on I will do it in the morning. It's more convenient in the morning anyway. Just have to get my butt out of bed a little earlier! Thanks again!!
  • Boxing987
    Boxing987 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey I am starting my 2nd week of T25 today, first week I havent noticed any difference but I think I will start to see results as I go along....feel free to add me if you have any questions
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hi!i'm starting Beta tomorrow! i've lost so far 4,5 kg during alpha !
    dont feel discouraged,everybody is different,maybe the next week you will see major differences.
    Are you drinking enough water?the toxins your body burns leave the body trough your liver and kidneys so they need water to do that,drink AT LEAST 1,5L of water everyday.
    For hydration,your muscles need it in order to work properly ,and you may have water weight if you haven't drink enough water,and all you need to lose that is drinking water.

Feel free to add me :)

also,during my first and second week i was absolutely terrified of the workouts because i knew what was coming and how hard it would be and literally had to force me to do it,but in the end i would feel so proud of myself,because i knew that if wanted change i needed to do something different. try to think that way,in the 3rd week you will feel much more empowered and wanting to do it,and feeling awesome after knowing that you can do it.

when you see changes you will want more and more trust me :)

Thoroughly understand the comments it summed up my attitude too. I also did a lot of modification at the start and still felt exhausted. Beta is just such good fun compared to Alpha.

I posted the results to my alpha here at the weekend, hope it encourages people to keep at it. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1283633-small-steps-and-t25-alpha-complete-sort-of?page=1#posts-19951767

Just make sure you enjoy it. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • linzbarker
    linzbarker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just finished level one of Jilian's 30 Day Shred and am going to start doing T25 as well as level 2! I have about 15lbs to lose before my wedding in October.
  • danigirl1988
    danigirl1988 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of T25 and I'm loving it!

Is anyone else drinking shakeology as well?