FYI Just dance 2 for the Wii

Options
My wife just bought it today. I'm listening to it in the back ground. LOL!

She says it's AWESOME, like a zumba class except at home. I don't know cuz I haven't tried (dancing's not really my thing), but I figured I'd let you guys know, I know a lot of you guys like zumba. She's wearing her HRM too and says it's a good calorie burn.

Replies

• platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE it! :-)
  • JustForMe27
    Options
    Gonna try it at my friends (she just got it) and maybe get that one instead of the zumba game because I can never find a store that actually has one in stock! Thanks for the tip!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    im really gonna have to break down and buy it. i've heard nothing but good things about it!
  • lucy65
    lucy65 Posts: 22
    Options
    i had just finished doing 65 minutes of Dance 2 for wii, when i saw this thread. calorie burn is great 446:) and the time flew by! had to force myself to stop. lol she'll love it!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i saw the zumba game at walmart day after christmas. i found that odd! lol...almost bought it though.
  • McFrench
    McFrench Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just got this too, have just played for fun, not in "Just sweat" mode.....I liked it more than zumba!!!
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm torn at which to buy. I have a Zumba Advanced DVD that I love and just heard they make a Zumba for the Wii....annnnd I hear people talking about the Just Dance for the Wii...I know I want to get at least one of them. Which one, I don't know....HELP! hahaha
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    got this game for Christmas! It's awesome. It's gotten played everyday! My shoulders are sore b/c all of the arm movements in the dances. If you copy them it's a killer workout. :)
  • odaatsue
    Options
    Okay. You all have convinced me: UNWRAP my Just Dance 2 for Wii. I used to go to the live classes and it was the only exercise I truly loved. I mean LOVED.

My commitment: unwrap and play it once by next Friday.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I posted about this yesterday in my personal status. there's a "just sweat mode" and I tell you, as a CROSSFITTER I got a decent cardio workout from this!
  • odaatsue
    Options
    OMG I was so confused. I have TWO things to UNWRAP and DO: Just Dance 2 AND Zumba for the Wii.

Gettin' started is the hard part for me...
  • meadows654
    Options
    I LOVE this one! And you can download the Katie Perry Firework song for free right now. So much fun!! Worth a try. I've never taken a Zumba class, and I was told that the Wii Zumba game would be difficult for anyone who hasn't taken the class. If someone else has heard differently, let me know because I'm interested. I also just bought the Wii Fit Plus. That's neat too.
  • kap1970
    Options
    burned over 500 cals per hour. :happy:
  • kap1970
    Options
    I do zumba a lot and I think this is harder than the classes. Depending on who the instructor is. Its actually faster...but very very fun. Just make sure no one is watching. Notice my husband said he was listening to me, and not looking!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I felt really bad after I tried it. I thought I was an OK dancer. But I'm not. I'm very not. I'm pretty bad at it.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVD collections and I have Wii dance 2 i dont get near the work out with the wii dance, but tht is just me
  • kingdom_belle
    Options
    I may have to break down and get the wii just dance it just looks like too much fun
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the first Just Dance, I love it. I was thinking of getting the 2nd one, & now this thread has convinced me to do so! How do you all know how many calories you're burning do the dances? is there something on the game that lets you know? or is it just by wearing a HRM?
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I was considering purchasing it..i will now..since winter is here..i tend to hibernate a bit more..so why not dance in the basement & Zumba..im glad i read the thread..because i didnt know the WII had Zumba!! I will update as soon as i get and tell everyone how i like it.

Good Luck Everyone!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I have the first Just Dance, I love it. I was thinking of getting the 2nd one, & now this thread has convinced me to do so! How do you all know how many calories you're burning do the dances? is there something on the game that lets you know? or is it just by wearing a HRM?

I haven't used it as such, but yes, in "just sweat mode you can monitor your energy burn with this exercise in disguise"