P90X Lean or Classic?

Options
Hey everybody! My husband and I just started P90X this week and he's doing the classic and I'm doing the lean program. I'm interested in losing 20-25 lbs (all around) where he wants to lose his belly (hehe) and bulk up. Does anybody have any advice on which program is best for me? Thank you so much for the help...and any motivation would be awesome! P90X is kicking my butt and I've only done the first 2 days! Yikes! Happy New Year!

Replies

• PokenStick
    Options
    I really recommend the classic if you want to get tone not just lose weight (unless you like the flabby look :-P ). Just lift small weights and increase the reps like Tony says. You don't have to worry about getting "too buff".

Keep pressing play, every day! Even on the days you feel like you have nothing left to give and you want to quit...just do your best and forget the rest. If you stick with it you will get results.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I also vote for classic. To me, classic is the way p90x was meant to be & lean is like a prep course for the real deal (classic). I had fantastic results from p90x classic & loved/hated every minute of it! :smile:
  • bps3040
    Options
    I did the lean on my 1st cycle through. I am going classic this time. I used the bands and lower weights/higher reps. Do the best you can and the results will be there.

It does kick your butt for the 1st few weeks, but then your body has adjusted to it and you kick butt...... hurt a lot less, lol.
  • MrsNeuman
    Options
    bump
  • kenexa11
    kenexa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the input! I'm still stuck on doing the lean only because the classic scares me a little bit... bps3040...How did you feel after doing the lean program, did you see a difference?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I have personally done the Classic (or even Doubles) every time and I just started Doubles yesterday. My reasoning is similar to what is written above. The more muscle you add to your body, the more fat you burn at rest and the tighter your physique will be. It's the same principles as Chalene uses for her ChaLEAN Extreme program which also has 3 days per week of resistance strength training.

Also, a big turn off for me from doing Lean is Core Synergistics. I hate that DVD with a passion because I never get a good calorie burn out of it no matter how hard I try. Plus there are a couple of moves that hurt me...like the superman/banana thing...even on padded carpet I get bruised hipbones.

After doing lots of research, I just came to believe that the way to lose body fat is 3 days a week of strength training with 3-5 days a week of cardio...which describes both Classic and Doubles P90X schedules. It worked for me in the past, and that's why I am doing it again now.
  • aeleton
    aeleton Posts: 171
    Options
    I am doing p90x lean. i did classic before and liked it, my down fall is pull ups... but i am adding 45 min of cardio atleast 3xs per week. good luck.
  • aeleton
    aeleton Posts: 171
    Options
    I am doing p90x lean. i did classic before and liked it, my down fall is pull ups... but i am adding 45 min of cardio atleast 3xs per week. good luck.