Any college students trying to lose weight?

Options
I'm 22, and going to graduate in August 2014. I have a 3 month long full time internship on top of classes, and I'm in need of support through this hectic Summer. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Anyone have any advice?

22yrs
5' 1"
sw: 140.2
gw: 118

Replies

• mysweetestdreams
    mysweetestdreams Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation, though I'm already in the finals craze so things are though..

I'm 22 as well
    6'
    cw: ~180
    gw: +/-145
  • DoktorZnanosti
    Options
    tbh I wouldn't go on a diet during exams because in that period you need plenty of food to keep you from losing your mind from all the stress and really can't afford to starve your brain
    I would eat normal sized 3 meals a day with fruit snacks in between if I could, avoiding junk food, and even if I pack on a few pounds while getting good grades, it's ok

if you really want to at least maintain, go for walks, you can really find 30 minutes a day for that, and try doing it without your cell phone, iPhone or other people
  • Dylllie
    Dylllie Posts: 72
    Options
    19 & trying to lose 3-5 lbs. College makes me want to binge haha.
  • fitqveen
    fitqveen Posts: 62
    Options
    I'm a graduate, really struggling with losing weight. I workout but my nutrition is proving a struggle to get right and keep on track.

I've ballooned since finishing Uni :/

any friends would be appreciated, i'll help motivate!
  • Sapphire_Marie
    Options
    I'm in college as well. I'm 24, starting my year long internship in the fall and graduating next spring. I'm trying to loose around 100 pounds before I graduate. I had a life changing accident 2 years ago, so being in college and trying to work around my disabilities have been challenging. I'd love some support and accountability from other college students. Hope you all have a great summer!
  • kuntry_navySD
    kuntry_navySD Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i'm cutting weight, and have about a month until my summer begins. with full-time school and work all year. I found it easiest to prep my meals before I start the day. Good luck this summer :)
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oooh. You have similar stats to me.

I'm a university student, 21 years old with just under a year left.

HW: 145
    CW: ~132-134
    GW: 115

I'm 5'0.

Feel free to add me.
  • ywinbush
    ywinbush Posts: 3
    Options
    I am. I am going back to school in october for my Associates (RN) in nursing and am a mom and wife, and work a full time job. Sometimes I dont have the energy or the momentum to workout but I just take my kids to the park and ride my bike while my husband or brothers watch them.
    Its tough because I went from weighing 240 and the got up to 246 and the went down to 215 and its been back and forth thing. Now I am at 204 and it seems as if I concentrate mostly on the scale. I just want to get back to my hs weight like 150 to 160. I will be very happy even if i reach 170