Any good dance workouts?

Options
Okay, i get my gym membership tomorrow. But i was thinking of fun things i can do at home. Does anyone use any dance workout dvd's that they reccommend? I am young. so i want something fun & active i can do at the comfort of my home. Any ideas or reccomendations?!

THANKS!

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, the dvd's off Zumba.com are awesome
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba for the Wii and Just Dance II for the Wii, both are excellent. I do feel like I've worked out a lil more w/the Zumba though.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    was going to say Zumba too.

Look for a Zumba class near you!
  • karau
    karau Posts: 7
    Options
    Yes - try turbo fire - its wonderful and intense! :)
  • Brunette_Babe
    Brunette_Babe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just bought Just Dance for the Wii - I did 55 minutes of energetic dancing and got pretty hot and it burned of 250 calories. So much fun too!

I do this when i get home from work if i haven't managed to get to the gym!

Hope this helps!

x
  • jacksonde24
    Options
    Zumba is great!!!
  • aanaya56
    aanaya56 Posts: 136
    Options
    OMG girl, you have to get ZUMBA or HUSTLE... I love love love them... Zumba is my #1 favorite that I do at the gym and at home.. Im 26 years old..
  • Weeble91
    Options
    Hi! Do you have a Wii? They have a just dance game for the wii and it's pretty great! just dance 2 is even better i hear. also, doing light weights while listening to some tunes helps. VH1 has JumpStart in the mornings on the weekends...plus, some comcast channels are geared towards fitness (i believe there is a Fit channel in comcast). you can always look online for some dance videos / routines and then replicate them yourself. i dance with a dance company, so what i learn i replicate on the tennis courts where i live to practice and get some exercise either on off days or during the off season (yes, i entertain the apt. complex too). Happy Dancing!!!!
  • bameyers
    Options
    how much is zumba & where can i purchase it?
  • aanaya56
    Options
    how much is zumba & where can i purchase it?

You can buy it online... www.zumba.com

I think its about $60... I got mine from Ebay.. You can check there too...
  • bameyers
    Options
    what about for the wii? whats the difference with it?
  • aanaya56
    Options
    what about for the wii? whats the difference with it?

Ohhh I heard that one is good too for those that have the Wii... I have been wanting to buy it...

I think they are both the same...
  • bameyers
    Options
    i just cant see myself paying that much,gosh do you know how much the classes are?
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just got dance party central for the kinect. Getting ZUMBA next. I also like Brazil Butt Lift. The Cardio Axe video is pretty much all dancing and lots of the other workouts have ballett and dance inspired moves.
  • aanaya56
    Options
    i just cant see myself paying that much,gosh do you know how much the classes are?

Well every gym is different.. I pay $30 a month for 3 people...
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    You could go to collagevideo.com or totalfitnessdvds.com & look under the 'dance' category. You will also be able to view clips & see what appeals to you. There are a TON of dance dvds on the market. Good luck!!
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I'm a military spouse so for us going to the Gym is free but for classes it's 3.00 bucks per class or you can buy a gym class pass 25.00 bucks for 10 classes or 40 for the whole month of classes. My friend does th 40.00 bucks a month since she also does other classes the on post gym offers.