Wii Fit?

Options
My friend gave me her Wii fit because she doesn't use it. I have heard a lot of good and bad things about using the Wii fit, and was just wondering what everyone's opinion was. If you like it why, and if not why not? I haven't had a chance to use it yet, and won't until I get new batteries for the board, so I really have no opinion of my own. Thanks! :)

Replies

• hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I use mine to weigh in each week. I do enjoy the games but to really have fun and sweat I'd recommend Wii dance, fab fun with the kids.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Even just a wee (pardon the pun) bit of extra exercise must surely help! I wouldn't use it as a sole means of exercise/monitoring weight and expect results but it's a healthier at-home recreation than just watching TV, plus it's fun, which a lot of exercise is not!
  • nicole_nikki91
    nicole_nikki91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on using it as a sole source, just something I can use for when I don't have a lot of time, or on a rainy day.
    Even just a wee (pardon the pun) bit of extra exercise must surely help! I wouldn't use it as a sole means of exercise/monitoring weight and expect results but it's a healthier at-home recreation than just watching TV, plus it's fun, which a lot of exercise is not!
  • nicole_nikki91
    nicole_nikki91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting the Wii dance, I've heard it's a lot of fun. My 2 year old also loves music and to dance so it's something we can do together, even though of course she will be making her own moves. :)
    I use mine to weigh in each week. I do enjoy the games but to really have fun and sweat I'd recommend Wii dance, fab fun with the kids.
  • f3ath3rh3ad
    Options
    I use both the Wii Fit and the Xbox Kinect. I enjoy the balancing games on the Wii Fit, but I don't weigh myself on it and I don't use the hand held device, like for jogging. I do however, use the Kinect for the more active games. The only down side to the Wii Fit is that you have to replace the batteries a lot and the board has to be level.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Any of the dance games are fun and will get you moving, but you need a dance mat for them, not the wii fit. There's a bunch of fitness games which uses the fit step, but most are kinda crap. Read reviews carefully before investing any money in them. They won't be very intense at all, you'll be lucky to break a sweat on most of them.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I made two different routines that I use. I do a strength training based one and a yoga one. I like it. The only thing you should avoid is the jogging in place game. It can hurt your joints.
  • scb515
    scb515 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I lost several stone through religious wii fitting a few years ago. The step aerobics, boxing and muscle workouts are really good. I don't use wii fit for exercise now (brave enough to go to the gym!) but I still use it for weighing myself. Thoroughly recommend it, particularly if you hate exercising in public.
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Definitely use it! You have it now so it won't cost you anything extra. There is a good variety of activities to choose from, so you should be able to find at least a few ones that you like.
  • mscob
    mscob Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi there! Love the weight-loss games! I used Dance dance revolution to get moving about 2 years ago and it really helped! I wanted to start with that again but alas my old PS2 is not working..... boo.

No Wii Fit but I'm using Just Dance on the Wii currently. Logging about 30 to 45 minutes on it pretty much every day. I also have Zumba and the Black Eyed Peas 'The experience'

Anything to get moving is good and will help tremendously! I'm wanting to get DDR for my Wii now because I think that shaped my bottom half much better. I get in this only moving arms state sometimes.... not good.

Anyways good luck and if it was given to you, definitely try it out!