Great snacks to eat at night ( no raw celery or carrots)

Options
I had been battling with overeating at night ( after a great day of eating) ,so I decided to start saving some of my calories for night. I found that it worked and that I didn't go over my calories. Give me your snack ideas. No raw celery or carrots because I can't bare the taste but I am open for your ideas and what works for yall. So far, I like the caffeine free teas and popcorn. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I have been snacking on special K without the milk lol.. It takes forever to even finish a serving of it and by then I've gotten my kicks!! I get the fruit and yogurt kind so I can have some sweetness in there :)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love the Kashi TLC cookies. They also have the granola bars. But my favorite night snack is an Eggo Special K low fat waffle with a little smear of peanut butter and then top it with half a banana cut into slices. It's my go to at night if I am up and my stomach is growling.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    I'll have to try that. I love the chocolate one for that chocolate fix. Thank you!
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Here's some of my all-time favorite snacks!!!

Special K crackers with laughing cow cheese! 17 crackers + 1 cheese wedge = 125 calories of creamy, crunchy deliciousness!
    Whole wheat english muffin with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and honey, about 250 calories
    Fiber One bars... OMG I love them!
    I do a small trail mix of about 15 almonds, 10 dried cherries, and about a tbsp of semi-sweet chocolate chips, about 225 cals
    Apples with peanut butter (melt the pb first... so good!)
    Rice cakes... they make amazing cheese and caramel flavored ones now!!

Good luck... and try the laughing cow cheese and crackers... my fav!!
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    rice cakes topped with sliced avocado and black pepper! :love: if you put 1/4 a small avocado on each rice cake and you have 2 cakes, it's about 150 calories and it's nice and filling, plus good for you.

apple slices dipped in natural peanut butter is always delicious: about 250 cals for 1 granny smith apple with 2 tbsp of crunchy, organic PB.

Or make a really delicious shake with frozen berries, your choice of milk, and a banana. Hooooo baby.
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    I struggle with this too I find an apple helps and helps curb the need for sweet. add some peanut butter or slice of cheese for protein and salt. Or 1 square of dark chocolate and some almonds. Grapes are good and they look like a lot in a bowl lol. 1c is about 100 cal. I know u said no carrots but add 2tbsp of hummus and its a yummi treat. or do cucumbers with the hummus!
  • ANGELAWHALEY
    Options
    rice cakes topped with sliced avocado and black pepper! :love: if you put 1/4 a small avocado on each rice cake and you have 2 cakes, it's about 150 calories and it's nice and filling, plus good for you.

apple slices dipped in natural peanut butter is always delicious: about 250 cals for 1 granny smith apple with 2 tbsp of crunchy, organic PB.

Or make a really delicious shake with frozen berries, your choice of milk, and a banana. Hooooo baby.

OMG I am going to have to try this! I love avocado and rice cakes! never thought of putting them together! HELLO!!!! YUM!!!!
  • anovasjo
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter (melt the pb first... so good!)
    Rice cakes...

:laugh:
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Lindt Intense Orange dark chocolate squares (1/2 serving is all you need) very rich and delish!! Hummus singles and pretzel snaps or Chobani Greek yogurt!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    My go-to snacks (if Im starving and have to eat something) in the evening are apples, natural almonds, oranges, Fibre 1 bars, or 1 cup of Crispix cereal or Special K Cinnamon Pecan without the milk.

My favorite is the Crispix as it is 110 calories per cup and is crunchy so satisfies my "munchie" cravings as well.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I often eat non-traditional snacks, especially since I work out in the evenings. Some regular ones like yogurt, nuts, fruit, home-made smoothies (fruit/milk/flax seed or sometimes dry oatmeal/banana/cocoa powder/milk/protein powder), and cheese, but also things like tuna-cakes (drained can of tuna mixed with 1/4 of a cup of egg whites, cooked like a pancake), wrap with meat & veggies, Seitan, eggs, oatmeal, beans mixed with pico de gallo or salsa, homemade latte (milk mixed with coffee - nothing else added), ... there's others, but these are probably most of my snacks.

Don't limit yourself to "traditional" snacks - so many delicious options out there!
  • JGCowboy
    Options
    I will sometimes make a smoothie or do popcorn, but my real obsession (not good one) is chips and salsa.....I really have to watch myself with that one because even the multi grain chip calories can add up... I like some of the peanut butter ideas, but if my son is extremely allergic to peanuts/treenuts so I have had to abandoned anything (even processed in plants) to do with nuts which was hard because peanuts were always a favorite late-nighter for me.
  • nanatorylee
    Options
    I like snacking on the chocolate cherrios without the milk very satisfying and curves your sweet tooth :smile:
  • anovasjo
    Options
    Or if you've been good all day, you could have a beer :drinker:
  • PaulC9554
    PaulC9554 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How about a low fat cottage cheese - (good for the protein) taken with low calorie crackers.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    chocolate whey protein powder in 4oz, 2% milk and 4oz. water is very filling @ 200 calories and not a lot of carbs so close to bed. Another is a mini bag of pocorn not sure of the calories. best not to eat fruit late in the day because of the sugar turning to fat if you aren't burning it off.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes make a smoothie or do popcorn, but my real obsession (not good one) is chips and salsa.....I really have to watch myself with that one because even the multi grain chip calories can add up... I like some of the peanut butter ideas, but if my son is extremely allergic to peanuts/treenuts so I have had to abandoned anything (even processed in plants) to do with nuts which was hard because peanuts were always a favorite late-nighter for me.

I'm a chips and salsa fiend! Bake your own chips at home! Buy yourself a pack of corn tortillas and cut them into sixths, spray with some cooking spray and sprinkle with salt then bake them at 400 for 10 minutes, flipping once in between. They come out super crunchy and yummy but you can have 18 chips for about 160 cals + your salsa. Just know that they don't last as long, really squeeze the air out of the bag that you store them in, but you can keep them for a day or two. I serve them at parties all the time and no one knows the difference!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    I like the herbal tea and popcorn also.Low fat yogurt is also a good source of proteins with many varieties.
    Good luck.
    jane
  • MsRaeJ
    MsRaeJ Posts: 16
    Options
    Lots of great ideas that I'll have to try....the hours between dinner and bed are the hardest for me too. I love steamed edamame pods with a sprinkle of sea salt. I also like Laughing Cow Light French Onion wedges with Flatbread Krisps.....35 cals for the cheese and 70 cals for 6 crackers. For something sweet I'll sometimes eat Jello Sugar-Free Mousse cups....only 60 cals. a cup. Or I'll spray some air popped popcorn with cooking spray and put just a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar on top. Another good one is to freeze a banana and then put it in a blender....it tastes just like creamy cold ice cream and you can even add a little bit of melted chocolate or peanut butter before you blend it. If I don't have any calories to "spare" that day and I can't deal with the munchies a large cup of naturally sweet herbal tea does wonders.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I will trying a lot of these. I like having variety.