Accurate scale

Options
I am looking for an accurate scale. I don't think I need one with the BMI function as I have heard people saying it is not accurate. Any suggestions? I have a fit bit and have thought about the Aria, but not really sure I need all of that. Views or suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    Options
    I'm bumping this as. I hate my scales. I can get on then off and when I get on again they are different. 3-400 grams different? if I move them to a slightly different spot and different reading again! This morning I jumped on and it said 67.9 then I got off again and jumped straight back on just to check 68.3. I moved them across a bit 67.2! Some consistency would be helpful:/
  • robertdc50
    robertdc50 Posts: 50
    Options
    In my opinion, accurate is not as important as consistent. Once you start using a scale all your readings will be relative to the first one you take, so weight loss will be tracked accurately, provided the scale gives consistent results. This is more of an issue with digital scales, as some of them tend to vary by up to 10 pounds from reading to reading! I tried several different brands in stores by weighing myself several times in succession, and found the Weight Watchers scale gave the most consistent results.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, accurate is not as important as consistent. Once you start using a scale all your readings will be relative to the first one you take, so weight loss will be tracked accurately, provided the scale gives consistent results. This is more of an issue with digital scales, as some of them tend to vary by up to 10 pounds from reading to reading! I tried several different brands in stores by weighing myself several times in succession, and found the Weight Watchers scale gave the most consistent results.

The one I use now is not consistent at all. It really just started acting wildly the last couple of weeks. I tried new batteries but that didn't help.