9 months in... Progress is awesome!

Options
Well my name is Luke if the username didn't give it away and I'm 9 months into this journey having changed not only my body, but my thinking about food and life in general. Stress and frustration had really been a huge burden for me and I've since decided to focus on the things I can control and not allow myself to get frustrated with those I can't. I started this particular journey at 332lbs, but I have been as heavy as 350+ so as of two days ago I am officially down 77lbs and even more astonishing to me 21% BF... which I know BMI is not always the best measure of our bodies because of all the factors such as water retention, muscle mass... etc, but even if that number is in the ball park which I'm sure it is... I'm thrilled. I've lost a total of 23" off my stomach at this point and am wearing an XL shirt again for the first time since 2005! I was as big as a 3XL and probably should have been a 4XL, but I was stretching my 3XL Shirts to get them to fit. I guess I can't post pics, but the most recent is my profile pic and that's a huge motivational factor for me. Fee free to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook UN Fat2FitMyDrive and www.facebook.com/fat2fitmydrive

Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Fat2FitMyDrive Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've posted this on a couple of other Fitness and/or weight loss related forums and this is the first one that somebody has actually replied to and within just a few minutes of me posting! Thank you for that! :happy:
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I think the coolest part of the journey is when that bell goes off in your head and you think "hey, I got this". Great work!
  • orionuer
    orionuer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep going. Fell off several times myself, restarting again tonight. MFP is a real community, I always get someone to cheer me up when am down or give me those encouraging words I need to go on. I attribute my commitment to the journey to the MFP community, people here are simply awesome.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome work there! More than halfway to your goal and you look more 'fit' than 'fat'. Keep it up and keep us updated.
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Very nice, wow
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Wow... Thank you for all the kind and encouraging words! I'm sure you guys know how much it can help! One of the regulars at my gym stopped me a few weeks back having never shared more than a head nod until this point and congratulated me on my progress and hard work. I appreciated that more than I could honestly say because those little things are what help to keep us pushing! Since I started my Life Change in August of last year I have since ran multiple 5ks improving every time. Ran my first sub 8 min mile in my life and competed in my first Spartan Super Race along with the Hurricane Heat and I'm looking forward to doing a 12 hour hurricane heat this coming October in South Carolina. This has definitely become a lifestyle for me and I'm currently trying to break into the industry itself so I can share my passion and dedication with others. There is nothing more inspiring to me then to motivate and inspire others, so I know in my heart that is where I need to be with my life!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Congrats on your progress.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    It takes courage to take life by the neck. Make sure you wring as much out of it as you possibly can. best foot forward
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Way to go ! Progress is such amazing motivation to keep us going :) you look great - keep it up!
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fantastic change! Not just in body, but mind and spirit, too!!! Congrats!!!!
    Stress and frustration had really been a huge burden for me and I've since decided to focus on the things I can control and not allow myself to get frustrated with those I can't.
    [/quote}

Thank you for posting this! I need to do more of this!
  • Fat2FitMyDrive
    Options
    Thank you again everyone! Kritkit34 you can expect much more of that from me! I'm so motivated in this journey to keep pushing forward that nothing I can control will get in my way and I enjoy motivating and inspiring others probably more than anything else other than my family!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us a bit more about how you've achieved this? You look great, the transformation is incredible.
  • wolfie640
    wolfie640 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Kudos from across the pond , keep it going!
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You must be stoked! Keep up the good work :)
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Good job, you look great!
  • mississippi_runner_girl
    Options
    Keep it up!! You look fantastic
  • daniellas04
    Options
    Well done on your progress so far! :) You're doing brilliantly
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, you look great. Congrats!:smile:
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Luke. I know the first time one of my clients commented on my weight loss (50 lbs) after he left my office I cried....(tears of joy and accomplishment!) These success stories really do keep me motivated. Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!