If you have nothing nice to say...

Options
...don't respond to my posts. I didn't come here to "troll" or to be "trolled." I didn't come here to get into an internet war with anyone, and I think it's ridiculous. I didn't come here to "sell anything." I came here to help people with advice, and give good nutritional advice. I came here to make a few friends in the process. I am not hurting anyone. If you are here to judge my every move based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me, that says a lot about you. Maybe you have a complex about yourself you haven't figured out yet. You worry about your posts, and let me worry about my own. I don't go and attack anyone for posting anything they wish. Show me the same respect.

Replies

• PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I was here:)
  • salbunnylettuceleafyexley
    Options
    and ppl will yet again have a go at u for this moaning post, the best way to deal with nasty ppl, is just ignore them, complaining will just give these ppl more ammo
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about writing a disclaimer with mine from now on. lmao Awesome :)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious about this so don't take this as an attack...

You post threads that lack any scientific backing.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1282659-the-five-foods-that-lead-to-belly-fat
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1281935-just-clearing-something-up

You say you are here to help people - how exactly when you won't even come back to a thread to answer anyone's questions?
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Do you want a cuddle? SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to make you feel better....
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ...don't respond to my posts. I didn't come here to "troll" or to be "trolled." I didn't come here to get into an internet war with anyone, and I think it's ridiculous. I didn't come here to "sell anything." I came here to help people with advice, and give good nutritional advice. I came here to make a few friends in the process. I am not hurting anyone. If you are here to judge my every move based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me, that says a lot about you. Maybe you have a complex about yourself you haven't figured out yet. You worry about your posts, and let me worry about my own. I don't go and attack anyone for posting anything they wish. Show me the same respect.

You came here to advertise products. It hasn't been what has worked for you one time success story thread. It's been multiple threads in which you spread about misinformation all the while marketing Herbalife.

As I've said...you probably should stick to blogs if you are going to create threads with no intention of actually participating or backing up the claims you make.

Otherwise, I say you are purposefully creating threads to "incite drama within the community" as well as "advertising" - both which are against the Community Guidelines.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options

If you are concerned about how your interactions with others on MFP are going, you might want to step back for a moment and reconsider your approach.. People do not know a lot about you, that is true, but what they do know about you comes directly from what you have put out there in your profile and posts, things like:

You frequently state things as fact that are considered false by informed people, and your refuse to engage in any type of discussion or explain how you came to these conclusions.

You are pitching your professional services as a trainer/advisor and your role selling dubious overpriced Herbalife products.

You post invitations to events where you will be giving away free samples of your products.

Given that track record, I would hope people would question you. The fact that they do is a very positive, healthy thing.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Hi CCF. Sorry you've had a bad time here.

I responded to a thread of yours offering a debate that never happened. It looks now like that thread was taken down. In it I said. "When's the debate gonna start? Throw us a bone darling." I didn't mean that in a mocking way. It was just a friendly invitation to start the debate. I just want to clarify that.

It seems you've taken a lot of flack for mentioning Herbalife in your profile. I don't know what that is, but I would say it's not a good reason to diminish and mock someone endlessly online.

Yes, you got slammed around here real bad. Again, I want to say I'm sorry about that. You show a lot of class coming back and clarifying your position as you have (and being very polite about it). I hope you have a very happy Sunday :)

I hope that last paragraph was sarcasm, because the OP here sounded very hostile and rude.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me

LaMarques Carter: http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/trainer_profile.aspx?acecp=dz3y7xy

From this blog (http://mcarter13.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/carters-creation-fitness/): "going to get [your] personal training business off the ground," and that post was made on July 22 of 2013. Also according to that same blog, you have only been a Herbalife "health coach" since November 2013.

Your last topic, the one that got shot down, blatantly had you pushing Herbalife in the last paragraph. Your whole page is pushing Herbalife. The drek you post is all plagiarized pophealth garbage with zero basis in fact. As a new trainer, this is not the kind of reputation you're wanting to build for yourself.

Look at it this way. The fitness savvy people on this site care about the quality of this site, and we see the people just beginning to try to get fit as our little brothers and sisters. They are impressionable and exactly the target market that falls for scams like Herbalife. You aren't going to scam our little siblings, Marcus - we won't stand for it.

Or, since you obviously don't care about the people trying to get fit, let me phrase this argument in a way that will better appeal to your prioritites: As a new trainer, you're ruining your own professional reputation by behaving unethically and having your name associated with this kind of behavior. That kind of thing will not just go away. If you had a BBB page for Carter Creation Fitness it would already have been swamped with negative reviews.

You...I like you...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    If you don't want people to challenge what you say, don't say it in a public DISCUSSION forum.

If you want people to believe you want to be helpful, then quit dumping your threads and running.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    [/quote/
    Look at it this way. The fitness savvy people on this site care about the quality of this site, and we see the people just beginning to try to get fit as our little brothers and sisters. They are impressionable and exactly the target market that falls for scams like Herbalife. You aren't going to scam our little siblings,
    :flowerforyou:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

LaMarques Carter: http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/trainer_profile.aspx?acecp=dz3y7xy

From this blog (http://mcarter13.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/carters-creation-fitness/): "going to get [your] personal training business off the ground," and that post was made on July 22 of 2013. Also according to that same blog, you have only been a Herbalife "health coach" since November 2013.

Your last topic, the one that got shot down, blatantly had you pushing Herbalife in the last paragraph. Your whole page is pushing Herbalife. The drek you post is all plagiarized pophealth garbage with zero basis in fact. As a new trainer, this is not the kind of reputation you're wanting to build for yourself.

Look at it this way. The fitness savvy people on this site care about the quality of this site, and we see the people just beginning to try to get fit as our little brothers and sisters. They are impressionable and exactly the target market that falls for scams like Herbalife. You aren't going to scam our little siblings, Marcus - we won't stand for it.

Or, since you obviously don't care about the people trying to get fit, let me phrase this argument in a way that will better appeal to your prioritites: As a new trainer, you're ruining your own professional reputation by behaving unethically and having your name associated with this kind of behavior. That kind of thing will not just go away. If you had a BBB page for Carter Creation Fitness it would already have been swamped with negative reviews.

hogwarts-clap.gif
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Mmk.
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Doin_doin.gif
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    There's no scientific bases for your claims of being trolled either, so it fits right in with the rest of your (terrible) marketing spiel.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Seek first to understand then to be understood; you have not demonstrated the ability to understand this community its people or the culture. You'll need to turn your torch in.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

hogwarts-clap.gif

x10000000000000, especially for the bolded
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    If you don't want people to challenge what you say, don't say it in a public DISCUSSION forum.

If you want people to believe you want to be helpful, then quit dumping your threads and running.

Speaking of dumping threads and running...I bet this is another one he does that on.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Your nutritional advice is horrible, and based on your behavior of making posts and then refusing to come back and discuss what you've said, I'm guessing your professional behavior as a trainer isn't much better. I feel sorry for anyone who shells out their hard earned money to hire you as a trainer, and I hope they wise up and find someone who actually has the education, teaching ability, and ethics of a real personal trainer.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Good advice. You're doing it wrong.
This discussion has been closed.