Are Potato chips ok?

Options
Hey. Recently my store (the only one around my area) has not been very good with fruit, which is usually what i eat along with my sandwhich at lunch. Its been very bad and old i guess, and they have not even had much of it for the last 2 months, forcing me to drive 30 minutes away to the next store to get some. I was wondering if a simple bag of potato chips (Same Calories) would be ok? Its the same calories, but i tend to worry a lot :P

Thanks

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it will have the same effect. The chips are fine as long as your whole diet (everything you eat that day) meets all of your nutritional needs. If those chips are only replacing nutrient dense foods and you're not going to pick those nutrients up later, then you shouldn't eat it.

As for the drive, I live where the closest store is over an hour away. Plan ahead. There are plenty of fruits that will last 2 or more weeks with proper storage. The store isn't the excuse.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    A bag of chips is not going to be as nutritious as fruit, but if it's the same number of calories and you're keeping within your calorie goal then it's not going to make any difference to your weight loss. Chips can be really salty though, so if your sodium levels are important to you, then chips might not be the best choice. If you're not worried about sodium then enjoy!

Also to add to what Dr Evil there said, if you plan ahead you can get fruit that keeps well. Try dried fruit, or even frozen fruit, it's all good :-)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want if you hit your macros - give your protein macro a boost though because MFP is on the (very) low side for this from what I have read.

Good luck :-)
  • kennethshoe
    kennethshoe Posts: 19
    Options
    Alright! Also the chips i got are just plain Lays and they say they have 170mg of sodium, so i dont think thats to bad :)