If you have nothing nice to say...

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can I just add to this wonderful.....

Random information that hasn't been rampantly PLAGIARIZED. Spreading misinformation is bad enough, but plagiarism is something that upsets me on a personal level. :explode:

Seriously, my students know better then to leave entire sentences in tact to be pasted in to a google search!
    I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this, but I don't get it.

In another thread posted, which has since been removed, the OP basically just ripped all of the "nutritional advice" directly. No citation, no nothing, just passing it off as his own benevolent wisdom. So he didn't even bother to write half of his post himself, he just copied and pasted from other sources and hoped nobody would notice. People noticed.
    Oh, I see. I think I read it in a different way first. Thanks for clarifying!
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Can I just add to this wonderful.....

Random information that hasn't been rampantly PLAGIARIZED. Spreading misinformation is bad enough, but plagiarism is something that upsets me on a personal level. :explode:

Seriously, my students know better then to leave entire sentences in tact to be pasted in to a google search!
    I'm trying to figure out what you mean by this, but I don't get it.

If you grab a random sentence from any of Marcus's infodumps and paste that into Google in quotes, you'll see that he just copies and pastes from other resources. Not only is it bad and spammy content, it's not even original content.
    Thanks to you, too!
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Hehe, marking my post to read later.
    This ish is too funny.
    And that guy is a complete joke
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    ...don't respond to my posts. I didn't come here to "troll" or to be "trolled." I didn't come here to get into an internet war with anyone, and I think it's ridiculous. I didn't come here to "sell anything." I came here to help people with advice, and give good nutritional advice. I came here to make a few friends in the process. I am not hurting anyone. If you are here to judge my every move based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me, that says a lot about you. Maybe you have a complex about yourself you haven't figured out yet. You worry about your posts, and let me worry about my own. I don't go and attack anyone for posting anything they wish. Show me the same respect.

Hi CCF. Sorry you've had a bad time here.

I responded to a thread of yours offering a debate that never happened. It looks now like that thread was taken down. In it I said. "When's the debate gonna start? Throw us a bone darling." I didn't mean that in a mocking way. It was just a friendly invitation to start the debate. I just want to clarify that.

It seems you've taken a lot of flack for mentioning Herbalife in your profile. I don't know what that is, but I would say it's not a good reason to diminish and mock someone endlessly online.

Yes, you got slammed around here real bad. Again, I want to say I'm sorry about that. You show a lot of class coming back and clarifying your position as you have (and being very polite about it). I hope you have a very happy Sunday :)

I hope that last paragraph was sarcasm, because the OP here sounded very hostile and rude.

So true. What is the OP's problem or should I say problems
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ...don't respond to my posts. I didn't come here to "troll" or to be "trolled." I didn't come here to get into an internet war with anyone, and I think it's ridiculous. I didn't come here to "sell anything." I came here to help people with advice, and give good nutritional advice. I came here to make a few friends in the process. I am not hurting anyone. If you are here to judge my every move based on your own perception of me, while you don't know a damn thing about me, that says a lot about you. Maybe you have a complex about yourself you haven't figured out yet. You worry about your posts, and let me worry about my own. I don't go and attack anyone for posting anything they wish. Show me the same respect.

Hi CCF. Sorry you've had a bad time here.

I responded to a thread of yours offering a debate that never happened. It looks now like that thread was taken down. In it I said. "When's the debate gonna start? Throw us a bone darling." I didn't mean that in a mocking way. It was just a friendly invitation to start the debate. I just want to clarify that.

It seems you've taken a lot of flack for mentioning Herbalife in your profile. I don't know what that is, but I would say it's not a good reason to diminish and mock someone endlessly online.

Yes, you got slammed around here real bad. Again, I want to say I'm sorry about that. You show a lot of class coming back and clarifying your position as you have (and being very polite about it). I hope you have a very happy Sunday :)

I hope that last paragraph was sarcasm, because the OP here sounded very hostile and rude.

So true. What is the OP's problem or should I say problems

Lack of people willing to drink his kool aid
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Also, you advice really isn't good. In fact it's pretty bad.

From (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1279322-coffee-or-no-coffee-diet-coke-or-no-diet-coke)
    Marcus: Diet soda is not good for you because it contains so much sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and other stuff you don't need in your body.

lolwut.jpg

I literally just copied that that exact quote to post here. :laugh:

Diet-Coke-Ingredients-300x223.png

I don't see HFCS

That's because you don't have your tinfoil hat on!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mdpb1lWv7E1r9v63o.gif
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    Hey wasssssssup ! I somehow stumbled onto some post that I have no need or desire for.. Glad I have no idea what's going on but it seems like you've done something wrong as I don't see anyone, ok maybe one, coming to your defense ! A suggestion, I mean if You want to come around, change your name and start over !!! There may be a chance for you yet !!!
    ps... I won't be back here and I'll remember your name because it seems that I would not be interested in whatever you have to offer ! Have a Great Day !!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    ivlbyYW.gif
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Also, you advice really isn't good. In fact it's pretty bad.

From (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1279322-coffee-or-no-coffee-diet-coke-or-no-diet-coke)
    Marcus: Diet soda is not good for you because it contains so much sugar, high fructose corn syrup, and other stuff you don't need in your body.

lolwut.jpg

I literally just copied that that exact quote to post here. :laugh:

Diet-Coke-Ingredients-300x223.png

I don't see HFCS

That's because you don't have your tinfoil hat on!

I'm sorry, I must have forgot that this morning :laugh: :drinker:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Can we vote him off the island???

09.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I still think we need a rep system.

Also, it would be nice if the OP EVER came back into the threads he started. I started a thread about belly fat in January. I check it often and have answered every question to date. Not everyone agreed with me in my thread, but I at least came back to discuss why I stated what I did.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I still think we need a rep system.

Also, it would be nice if the OP EVER came back into the threads he started. I started a thread about belly fat in January. I check it often and have answered every question to date. Not everyone agreed with me in my thread, but I at least came back to discuss why I stated what I did.

But that would cut into his profits. Time spent in legitimate discourse is time that cannot be spent pushing Herbalife.

I love what Alan Aragon says about Herbalife:
    I regularly get questions about this or that MLM product, whether it be Advocare, Herbalife, Visalus, Isagenix, or Whateverthehell. I am yet to come across a health/nutrition-related MLM company that doesn't economize production costs with sub-par nutritional formulations, especially the protein-containing products (for example, MLMs love to use soy as the first ingredient or fructose as the second ingredient). Adding insult to injury, these protein-based products cost at least double that of the leading non-MLM brands that actually use higher-quality protein formulations. To top it all off, these mediocre MLM products are hyped as the best things on the market, and of course they rely on the emotional triggers of zealous testimonials rather than the weight of the scientific evidence. So yeah, my opinion of MLM-based nutritional products is LOL (yes, let the hurt flow through your butt over that).
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely curious about this so don't take this as an attack...

You post threads that lack any scientific backing.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1282659-the-five-foods-that-lead-to-belly-fat
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1281935-just-clearing-something-up

You say you are here to help people - how exactly when you won't even come back to a thread to answer anyone's questions?

QFT

Also if u want positivity and to live a butt hurt free life perhaps reconsider the internet

Not sure if you're referring to the person you quoted or to Marcus...

I am referring to op being butt hurt when responses are given to her controversial posts

*****The OP is male***** hope this helps. He also is a trainer and Herbalife Sales person. And this is probably the nicest thing I've said about this gentleman.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, talk about a monster smack down. Remind me never to share any unsubstantiated bollocks with the MFP community lol
  • pandagirl813
    pandagirl813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    924edc647798c08e3ae84b7f8733c69ac1298a2af674bd04d740d1314d5c2cea.jpg
  • kitkatclara
    kitkatclara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined this morning and this is the first post that I saw on the boards.
    My heart sank. Really? Is this the kind of thing and impression that you want to give new members?
    Everywhere you go in life there is something negative. I was hoping for something positive while being on such a tough journey for me.
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options

This is exactly the kind of impression new members should get. We are a community that stands up for its members, new and old, and refuses to allow them to be taken in by scams and blatant lies while they are on their fitness journey.
    ^^^^^ what he said
This discussion has been closed.