If you have nothing nice to say...

Options
12346»

Replies

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I just joined this morning and this is the first post that I saw on the boards.
    My heart sank. Really? Is this the kind of thing and impression that you want to give new members?
    Everywhere you go in life there is something negative. I was hoping for something positive while being on such a tough journey for me.

Okay something positive. Manchester City won today. I am friggin' giddy! 2 out of 3 years they are the Champions; no Joey Barton issues this year, just an old fashioned well executed win. Yes, the Men in Blue are the toast of England. Woo Hoo!! Hats off to them! Cheers!!!!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    My heart sank. Really? Is this the kind of thing and impression that you want to give new members?
    Everywhere you go in life there is something negative. I was hoping for something positive while being on such a tough journey for me.
    this whole thread makes me like this 'site even more, actually.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

This is exactly the kind of impression new members should get. We are a community that stands up for its members, new and old, and refuses to allow them to be taken in by scams and blatant lies while they are on their fitness journey.
    ^^^^^ what he said

^^^^ what he and he said^^^^And don't let the start date fool you; been around for 3 years now.....woo hoo Part 2!!!!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Okay something positive. Manchester City won today. I am friggin' giddy! 2 out of 3 years they are the Champions; no Joey Barton issues this year, just an old fashioned well executed win. Yes, the Men in Blue are the toast of England. Woo Hoo!! Hats off to them! Cheers!!!!
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Welcome to MFP.

However, this OP continuously spouts bad advice and misinformation and he should be told he's wrong. He shouldn't be spouting crap to people and pimping his products on his profile. He doesn't CARE that he spouts bad information either! He claims he's here to help yet he NEVER answers a question and he doesn't even check back on threads where he spouts this crap.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    if u want positivity and to live a butt hurt free life perhaps reconsider the internet

I love you.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Would you rather this site be full of people like the OP, who is providing false information about nutrition and weight loss while trying to sell you a product?
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

:angry: :angry: :angry: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Should I break out the flag? No worries Man U was fourth? Fifth? Um.....give me a minute still scrolling...down the list.......
  • Thomasm198
    Options

Should I break out the flag? No worries Man U was fourth? Fifth? Um.....give me a minute still scrolling...down the list.......
    smiley-angry011.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

So the community stands up against misinformation and to help/protect new members and this isn't positive?
  • InevitableButterfly
    InevitableButterfly Posts: 340 Member
    Options

smiley-angry011.gif

:laugh: this makes me lol
  • _Terrapin_
    Options
    I have the blues....all over my chest......muah...hahahahahaha
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

There are 200+ active threads about fitness, nutrition, motivation and success on the boards right now. you join today and the first one you click on is titled "if you have nothing nice to say...."? You found what you were looking for, I guess. That's on you, not us.
  • Thomasm198
    Options

smiley-angry017.gif Talk about best of a terrible situation. The league was going to either go to City or to LIverpool.

"You have two choices, be executed by firing squad or be executed by hanging. What is your choice?" shoot_zps0ae5773d.gif
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I tend to think that "Seek and you shall find" holds true. Seek the good and that's what you'll find, focus on the bad and that's the only thing your eyes will register.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

There are 200+ active threads about fitness, nutrition, motivation and success on the boards right now. you join today and the first one you click on is titled "if you have nothing nice to say...."? You found what you were looking for, I guess. That's on you, not us.

Just lucky, but strong first post.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

smiley-angry017.gif Talk about best of a terrible situation. The league was going to either go to City or to LIverpool.

"You have two choices, be executed by firing squad or be executed by hanging. What is your choice?" shoot_zps0ae5773d.gif

On this side of the pond, Liverpool is like the Yankees; an Crystal scoring 3 in 12 was well.....magical. I still have nightmares of QPR almost pulling the win the first time; and hanging is preferable since I can still twitch and bitc" until I reach room temperature :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

antonio-banderas-ooo.gif
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Is it safe to say hello now, Marcus? :P

That's what i'm thinking too. Not only finding this as the first post but defending someone who is blatantly breaking the rules of the site.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.