What is the reason you decided to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    To be thinner.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to let "being a mom" be an acceptable excuse for letting myself go and getting fat and out of shape. I wanted to be a person than my son would grow up remembering as always being fit , energetic, and healthy. Besides, who doesn't want MILF bragging rights?? :wink:
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my dr for a routine checkup and she told me my blood pressure was so high I was in stroke territory. She gave me 90 days to make some lifestyle changes (lose weight) or get put on blood pressure medicine. 6 months and 47ish pounds later my blood pressure is just fine and I am healthier than I have been in a long time!
  • trobbin88
    trobbin88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    sounds silly but i love my clothes. might have 25 pairs of pants and fit into 3 at the moment. NOT fun.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    2 years ago I was carrying a basket of laundry up the stairs and had to stop and rest, out of breath.

Nopenopenope.
  • HeartAttackJay
    Options
    Heart attack and triple bypass, that will make ya see God, and motivate you to loose weight. I am down 36 pounds.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Because there's only so long one can survive off nothing but Dr Pepper, fast food, and candy bars before they stop to think "Why am I doing this to myself?" And when I couldn't come up with an answer, change made more sense.

After all, they say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome...

I couldn't eat the same way over and over and expect to maintain weight or not to gain it..
  • rachaelgoslan
    Options
    I have slowly put on weight over the past few years, I'm now 38 and until recently was a size 14. I saw a few less than flattering photo's of myself last Christmas which really disappointed me. I just stopped being active and that's what piled the weight on, now I exercise regularly and watch my calorie intake. Its working for me :)
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to burn the muscle, lose the fat for years, many different ways. I do have a lot of muscle from that, but I still have more fat to get off. I thought I was eating well but the diet I eat now has more protein, less carbs and less fat than I used to eat, not low carb, it is approximately 45% protein, 35% carbs, 20% fat.

I felt sorry for myself after I got a hiatal hernia, thought it wasn't fair after I worked so hard...it was giving me problems and I was taking Prilosec. Then I went for my yearly physical, my weight shocked me (I had put on close to 20 lbs. in 3 months when I decided to be depressed and slack off) and for the first time my fasting blood sugar was over 100, not out of range but over 100 for me was significant as mine is never that high.

Fast forward to losing weight, after 10 lbs. down was off my Prilosec and have stayed off it, and now I am 44 lbs. down. I know I still have a hiatal hernia, I mean they don't resolve themselves, but I really don't notice it anymore, even though I lift weights.

I am glad I stopped being depressed and did something about it, now I am working towards my goal of low 20's body fat, less than 25 will make me happy, but then I will probably go even lower, we will see.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    just overall health :)
  • Letshopeforthebest
    Letshopeforthebest Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound bad, but when I started comparing myself to my friends. Not only body size wise, but the confidence difference. They always wanted to go tanning on the beach and hit on guys , and I always felt the need to cover up and be shy and quiet. I'm sick of being that girl. I can't wait to lose some weight and be confident this summer season.
  • Gregg8322
    Gregg8322 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Saw a picture of myself and didn't like it
  • catestevam
    catestevam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    sounds silly but i love my clothes. might have 25 pairs of pants and fit into 3 at the moment. NOT fun.

^This
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Since having my oldest child 16 years ago and losing the pregnancy weight within a year, and except for the time I was pregnant with my second, I've always fluctuated about 15 pounds (137-152). During my heavier times, I'd know I'd need to get down to a lighter weight, but since I don't find it terribly hard to do so, I'm pretty relaxed about it. Like, "oh, I'm having a fat year, I'll get around to losing it". Well, this time I was having a "fat year" for too long and I got up to 172. What finally got me going was realizing I was getting tired shaving my legs in the shower!
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    So I can have sex with hot chicks.
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think I started to realize how my insecurities with my weight caused insecurities in basically every other part of my life. Because I'm fat, I can't wear the clothes I want. Because I'm fat, makeup doesn't do enough for me. Because I'm fat, I don't want to go outside in the summer. I don't want people to see this unconfident fat chick attempting to make herself happy and failing...the fat itself just seems to emphasize my lack of confidence and I know I won't be anywhere near having it when such a major thing is hurting me. So the main reasons - I want to feel better about myself, and a lot of other stuff deem shallow.

In addition to that, I'm noticing that a lot of little aches and pains I have could be alleviated if I just weighed less. I'm at risk for all sorts of health issues and I won't be doing myself any favors by keeping on this weight. I want to live something like a more naturally active lifestyle...don't take me too literally, it just means I'm not into gyms and pilates and all that stuff. I do love tennis, and would love to make it a consistent part of my life. I want to live in a place where I can walk or bike to most of my destinations. I wanna get out and explore nature more. Stuff like that.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i decided to lose weight becaue i was going close to 200 pounds and thats not where i wanted to be so i started there i could'nt imagine being that much weight ppl keep saying oh girl your skinny where will you lose weight but thats what they all say to me & i know the total opposit :0 i was a fatty also so insecure with myself because of my fat hanging around could only wear certain clothes that dont reveal the rolls lol that means no slight tight fitting things for me
  • tildastwistedlife
    tildastwistedlife Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have lost and gained weight many times over the years for a variety of reasons. This time I had several build up on me. I'd been snoring horribly enough that hubby had taken to sleeping in the extra bedroom. I did NOT like that. I stayed so puffy and fat that my wedding ring didn't fit anymore. Then I went to the doctor in November to find that my blood pressure which had always been low was high and that my cholesterol was high as well. Enough. Just, enough already. Hubby had found out a year before that his cholesterol was also high so we are both trying to avoid meds for such things. I had also been hovering around 210 for a few years, but then somehow jumped up to 224. All of these reasons contributed to it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I was beginning to have medical issues that I believe was prediabetes and I was struggling at work. I lacked energy, was getting random bouts of blindness in my right eye, one of my toes was partially numb for a month, my mood was all over the place, I was out of breath from simply climbing a ladder, and I loathed myself.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    So I can have sex with hot chicks.

:bigsmile: