Falling Off of Your Diet

Options
Hey guys!

On the weekend I ended up eating a lot of bad foods (muffins, tim tams, chocolate pieces etc). I'm not even sure why. It was cold, I was watching Grey's Anatomy and I was bored all weekend! I think I went and sought comfort in yummy food :')

Anyway. Now it's Monday here, and I want to make this week a good one... I'd been kicking *kitten* for about 4-5 weeks so far and this is the first time that I had really fallen off my diet for a few days.

I was just wondering if you guys have any advice for feeling better after eating badly all weekend or any time?

Thanks (:

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Begin again.
  • IslandSeeker
    Options
    Just keep in mind how good you felt while sticking to your eating plan and also what your ultimate goal is. Also, getting others to cheerlead you on is always helpful:) Good luck!
  • trinity5703
    trinity5703 Posts: 78
    Options
    Realize that one bad meal does not a failure make. Neither done one day.
    Next time your faced with being bored and tempted to dig into the goodies, get up and do something.
    Take a walk, put on an exercise DVD, ride a bike.

Personally... I clean :) I think Im due for the "cleanest house in a three state area". award.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My hint would be to log and walk away from that weekend.

Start fresh logging today. Don't 'punish' yourself over a bad weekend - we are trying to get a healthy relationship going with food not make ourselves feel bad when we do indulge.

...and put the tim tams in the freezer so you have to wait for it to defrost to eat it. Stops you from devouring that whole pack of enticing chocolatey goodness.

(besides...it's not a true fall off your 'diet' if you didn't slurp up your milo through your tim tam.)
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm bored. Find an activity to do! Something you like so time pass by fast like a fly :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    log it, own it, and move on…..
  • Cherylllyn
    Cherylllyn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's a new week. Start over. Everyone slips, some more then others. But it's ok.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's hard to resist that stuff sometimes. Just stay strong and get back on track.
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just keep going and don't give up, tomorrow is another day after all. We all have our 'bad' days, but then we just remember how far we've come and then continue moving forwards. One day is not going to undo your progress and besides you're allowed at least one 'cheat' day per week. :D
  • stephe1987
    stephe1987 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log what you ate over the weekend so you can learn from your mistake.

Fell off your diet? Then get back on today! You have your diary so you can learn from the past and keep moving forward.
  • mistiblake08
    mistiblake08 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    1) don't get worked up over it. I have them every other week so I don't binge eat. It helps keep me on track and I'm not looking for fast results. I'm in it for the long haul.
    2) don't look at it as a diet. It's never helped me or most people I've talked to on here to be in that mentality. Think of it as a new change.
    3) love that you have a cheat day or weekend. It'll keep you going.
    4) log it and move on. :)