calling all 1500-1700 calorie people

Options
Different sites have suggested my weight loss cals are around 1700. Id love to hear from anyone who has a similar weight loss number and who follows it. What was your experience? was it painful? did you lose on it? any adjustments?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss has been at 1700 calories on average.

I have lost on average 3/4lb a week up until I upped it to 1800 recently and as you can tell by my ticker I have lost almost 50lbs.

eta: My experience has been great, I haven't given anything up as you can see by my diary, no it wasn't painful really...the exercise at first was...:bigsmile: but it isn't any longer. And yes I adjust as I lose hence the reason I have upped to 1800...
  • trinity5703
    trinity5703 Posts: 78
    Options
    Im right at the 1550 per day, and have consistently lost between a half and a pound a week.
    As you get closer, you probably will have to lower the intake.
    Painful? Nope.... I did give up my Friday night pepperoni pan pizza...I switched to thin crust cheese and actually find I prefer it.
    Other than that, I havent given up any foods. I still have the odd dish of ice cream, or a cookie.. even a piece of cake. I just budget in for the day.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I eat 1680 and I lose fine on it (I'm 5'1 and 182). I personally hate it when people say "You have to eat under 1200 calories if you're short!"

Anyway, 1680 isn't difficult if I'm really smart about what I eat. I have had to replace some of my snacking with real meals that are more filling, otherwise I'd die, lol.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    35 pounds lost following a 1520 intake.
    But I have a very rigorous workout routine.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Also, I might have posted these on another post of yours, but I don't remember. These threads are great references for anybody trying to lose weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

The sexypants one is my favorite. Because, sexypants.
  • ParamoreAddict
    ParamoreAddict Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I've been around the 1500-1700 calorie range my entire time on the site and I've lost now close to 50 pounds since December. It definitely works. It isn't painful. Just have to watch what you eat. I get full throughout the day with the food I eat. Good luck! :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 1500 set my goal to lose 1/2 lb per week. I've lost 25 lbs in the last year

Honestly It was painful at first. I was set to 1380 to lose 1 lb per week. Coming from not really watching calories, this was really drastic for me and many weeks in a row I was not really making my goal. When I changed MFP to lose 1/2 lb and it have me 1560 calories, that, at the time made a world of difference. Meeting my goals meant more confidence and motivation to learn more lower calorie recipes, inspired me to cook dishes from when I was growing up, and read more on the forums to learn about how protein and fiber could help with increased satiety , etc

I pretty much work out a ton but it does work for my lifestyle as I'm able to spare the time and love exercise. Even today I wouldn't necessarily say it's easy. I have to put in the work, weigh all the food, pack a gym bag, wash dishes, cook, take an interest in one or two new recipes per week and cook it, log, review friends diaries, congratulate and encourage them as they encouraged me. I will however confirm that I'm not feeling deprived. I just had a DQ for dinner and days like that aren't all that unusual

Good luck!
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i average around 1800. if you want, send me a friend request and you can peek at my diary. i don't exclude anything that i actually want.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Not painful. Limit is set at 1750. Have stayed within the limit for the most part - occasionally go over but not by much. I eat back my exercise calories. Have lost 40 pounds so it is working for me.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1800, but I usually end up around 1650 ish every day. I am never hungry, I eat very well. Still losing, too!
  • boomkattack
    boomkattack Posts: 14
    Options
    My daily goal is 1520 and it's working great for me even though I just started. I usually feel full during the day and don't really deprive myself of anything yet I'm mindful of what I eat.
  • Cladf
    Cladf Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm now in the 1500ish category after thinking I should be way down at 1300 (I'm short) but turns out I've actually been eating way less than my body needs.

The 1500 amount is a wee struggle for me purely because I'm used to limiting my meals after years of yo-yo dieting but I find I can still eat good meals, and I'm enjoying my food at this level, while losing about 1lb a week (although I have only just started) :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1700 after eating almost twice that all winter seems painful- but it's fine- it's plenty of food.

Last fall I did 1200 for 4 weeks and that was brutal- I was working out late at night purely to generate my calories to eat. It sucked.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1500-1700 calories most days, and it ends up being quite a bit of food when I focus on the produce and protein and a decent amount of fat. I go to bed quite satisfied. I'm losing weight slooooowwwwwwly (I'm lucky if I drop a couple of pounds in a month) but I'm losing weight. I also don't really exercise as much as I should, so I could probably make a bigger dent if I did.