Today Marks One Year

Options
PoeRaven
PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
One year ago today (4 January) I announced to my family that I was going to change. I was tired of being over-weight, :sad: tired of feeling awful, :sick: tired of looking awful :cry: ....tired of being tired. :yawn: So, I changed, in oh so many ways!

January 4th 2010 I weighed 160 pounds. :noway: January 4th 2011 I weigh 120 pounds. :bigsmile:
January 4th 2010 I wore a size 10/12. :noway: January 4th 2011 I wear a size 3/4 :bigsmile:
January 4th 2010 my waist was 34.5 inches. :noway: January 4th 2011 my waist size is 27 inches :bigsmile:
January 4th 2010 I was taking 2 cholesterol medications and my cholesterol was still bad. :brokenheart:
January 4th 2011 I am being weaned off the cholesterol medications. :heart:
January 4th 2010 lost my breath when I climed the stairs. :embarassed:
January 4th 2011 I can run 3 consecutive 10.54 minute miles. :bigsmile:

As of December 31, 2011, I have ran a grand total of 556 miles. Burned 91,416 calories and 14439.6 carbohydrates. :bigsmile:
I accomplished this in a grand total of 148 hours of working out. :bigsmile:
I accomplished this because I changed. :bigsmile:

I really accomplished this because of the support I have gotten form the wonderful people I have met at MFP. :heart:
Thank you friends...I could not have done it without you! :heart:

God bless,

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    great accomplishments!!!!!
  • rugrat200324
    rugrat200324 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! That is what i Love about this site. Not only do people really change. But the people are wonderful and concerned and great to talk to. I can only hope that I can lose what I want with the motivation from this site!! Thanks MFP.
  • sfcp48
    sfcp48 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Good going my friend!! I am so very proud of you!!!!!!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing.. this is what motivates me to continue. I can't wait to hit my one year mark.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize until I saw this post, and then checked, that I started exactly one year ago today too. I actually joined MFP a few months before that, but ran into some computer problems and didn't actually start logging until 1/4/10. I weighed 190...today I was about 141, and had gotten as low as 148 before Christmas. Sometimes it is frustrating and sometimes it seems so slow and I just want to give in and eat and eat (and drink) but I guess this little "success story" is worth it. :happy:
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Both of you are absolutely amazing success stories. On days like today where the challenge seems too difficult it makes me feel better to read your stories. Congratulations!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Awesome....I started January 4, 2010...I have lost 41! Changed my ticker to update my new goals!
    Congrats
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! What an awesome story you have to tell!! Congratulations and ENJOY your success!! You worked hard for it!! :heart: :heart:
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize until I saw this post, and then checked, that I started exactly one year ago today too. I actually joined MFP a few months before that, but ran into some computer problems and didn't actually start logging until 1/4/10. I weighed 190...today I was about 141, and had gotten as low as 148 before Christmas. Sometimes it is frustrating and sometimes it seems so slow and I just want to give in and eat and eat (and drink) but I guess this little "success story" is worth it. :happy:

oops - I meant to say that today I was 151. Boy - 141 would be nice! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!