Options
Knight8383
Knight8383 Posts: 16 Member
Recipes or ideas anyone?

Replies

• mskraemerspeech
    mskraemerspeech Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay so not really a 'dessert' but for 240 calories take: 1/2 cup Ben and Jerry's choc fudge brownie froyo and add 6 tiny twist pretzels. Seriously so freakin delicious and totally budge table. Orrrr just have the froyo for 180. Fine.
  • nsimon24
    nsimon24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I posted a low-cal hot fudge recipe in recipes, I like to use it with a serving (half-cup) of Edys Slow churned vanilla bean ice cream (100 cal per half-cup serving). With summer coming up I suspect I will be having it a lot!

Total calories if you use the entire serving of fudge (almost too rich) is 177. It's also good with fresh berries!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    If you like pudding, you can make Jello instant with unsweetened almond milk (use half the amount the instructions on the box calls for...almond milk doesn't set the pudding the way cow's milk does) and a bowl of Cool Whip Free. You end up around 30 - 50 cals depending on how big your servings are.
  • wonders99
    wonders99 Posts: 5
    Options
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Panna cotta is pretty reasonable. Calories depend on the recipe, whether you use heavy or light cream. I use 50% skim and 50% half and half. About 222 cals per serving and 11g protein. I use Kroger carbmaster skim milk.
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches ( you can get them at Costo). 150 calories I think and delicious.
  • DringusDrungus
    DringusDrungus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Strawberry shortcake made with those little pre-made cakes in any bakery (like 80 calories each) lots of fresh strawberries, and a gob of cool whip. Can't remember what it totals, but it's not bad. Maybe 140?
  • stacibal
    stacibal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fudgsicle® No Sugar Added Pops! 40 calories per bar! Love these!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just 'created' this cheese cake recipe :)http://imgur.com/a/z6VbS

I think I overdid it a bit with the gelatine, it was difficult to guess how jelly-like it would get, as it was rather liquid when just mixed.. Still delicious though :D And fun to make :) And also, not as dependent on finding specific ingredients from specific brands, as I see so many other low cal cheese cake recipes are.

It's 122calories per slice (10 slices) and 31% protein too, so if you are watching macros, this one doesn't break the bank on that account either :)
  • raealistic
    raealistic Posts: 1
    Options
    Also chocolate pudding with strawberries and/or banana slices is awesome. A dollop of fat free/low fat whipped cream is a nice touch too, if you can spare the calories.
  • itsmeabi
    itsmeabi Posts: 1
    Options
    Chocolatecoveredkatie.com has loads of low cal desserts.
  • TinaLauritsen
    TinaLauritsen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I take some low fat Greek yogurt, add some vanilla, lemon juice and a table spoon of honey. Mix it up, and add a little bit a toffee sauce on top. I love it! It goes for around 250 cal :smile:
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Gelativo - Coffee Gelato, 125 ml 140 cals
    Bulla - Mini Frozen Yogurt Strawberry, Passionfruit, 68 g 86 cals
    Yoplait - Le Rice - Smooth Caramel, 150 g 165 cals

My favourites :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Chocolatecoveredkatie.com has loads of low cal desserts.

Don't trust it. The low calorie dessert I made from there turned out to be 350 calories, not the 110 calories they claimed it was. Make sure you enter everything here first.
  • TEMMEAlexa
    TEMMEAlexa Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I guess you already have enough suggestions for your dessert recipe right now. I would just drop a piece of advice. Do not use artificial sweeteners for your desserts. They might provide reasonable replacement for sugar for now, but will actually make you crave for more sugar down the road. If you're looking for some suggestions regarding that, well, I guess I might have this link for you:

http://www.beliteweight.com/blog/curbing-your-cravings-like-a-pro/
  • gourmanda
    gourmanda Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't know if it's available outside of Australia, but Aeroplane Jelly's Jellylite range is amazing. 125gm per serve, at only 29 kilojoules (under 8 calories!). That shiz is the bomb, and really helps with the post-dinner sweet cravings!
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's available outside of Australia, but Aeroplane Jelly's Jellylite range is amazing. 125gm per serve, at only 29 kilojoules (under 8 calories!). That shiz is the bomb, and really helps with the post-dinner sweet cravings!

If the OP is US, sugar free Jello is pretty much the same. I recently discovered their sugar free pudding also. The entire box (2 cups of pudding!) is only 100-140 prepared.
  • TatianaSoe
    TatianaSoe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I am craving something sweet I usually have a Graham cracker sheet with a bit of honey or chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella or something similar) on it. It`s about 100 calories depending on the brand of cracker and how much spread you use.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    chocolatecoveredkatie.com

foodiefiasco.com

dessertswithbenefits.com
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Twinkie cut in half lengthwise with sliced strawberries on top...so good.

Sliced apple drizzled in caramel ice cream topping (only need a small amount) and a few dry roasted nuts on top.