Excited Newbie

Options
Just started using this website yesterday. Totally loving it and the app on my droid. Just after two days I've realized I waste a lot of calories in Soda! That's my first goal, time to get soda completely out of my diet-- Connie

Replies

• molina76853
    Options
    Welcome! Yea soda is a big NO, I started drinking the diet cherry 7up but I am trying to stop that to and get away from soda all together. Stay focused and you will enjoy this site!
  • rocknram236
    Options
    hi im new here i have been looking for somthing like this page for a long time.... i need some friends here so i dont feel soo lonley. hoping to follow thru with this, how long have u been doing this.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Soda is a HUGE culprit! I'm guilty!

I have decided to have only 1 soda a day (if that) until I can completely get away from them!

Sodas are not just empty calories but the caffine and cabonation reak (sp?) havok on your mind and body!

Good luck with your goals!
  • amethystprincess
    amethystprincess Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been almost 48 hours with out a soda, I figure it is a start, I still have much to go but cutting the sodas is a huge help on the calories I know.
  • yopyoyita
    Options
    i never drink soda ... just water ¬¬ but the ice cream kill me!!!
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Hello. My name is Carol. And I'm an addict. Diet Coke is my drug of choice and I drink a LOT more than I should. I've managed to cut down from 3 or 4 of the 44 oz. fountain drinks a day to only 1. But, that one.....??? I savor every single drop of it. LOL!!!

Welcome! You'll do great - I just know it. :flowerforyou:
  • Karasene
    Karasene Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Welcome Connie.This is a great place to obtain alot of knowledge about being healthy and their is ton of support! Goodluck on your journey! Feel free to add me if you would like. I could always use more support!
  • crushdmbme
    crushdmbme Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also new to the site and starting my workout routine.. seeing everyones daily posts def motivate me to get my butt in gear so keep it comin! Also ..a big diet coke fan... and i have quit it and find that seltzer water satisfies my carbonation craving... good luck all!
  • neuhyau
    Options
    I hear you! I had to cut artifical sweetners out of my diet, so when I nixed the diet soda I went to regular soda. I didn't drink soda religiously in the first place, but nevertheless those calories add up quickly. I've only been on this site one day and love seeing the stuff I am wasting calories on - my biggest culprit is candy and sugary gum. It's amazing how much those empty calories add up. I've had the sugar habit for years, so hopefully I can break it. Good luck to you!