Serious question about push up bras

Options
CharleePear
CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
Hi people. I am losing weight well, and it's cool, I like that. But there is one thing that has changed, my boobs. I am sure I am not alone, I am sure this is normal, but my boobs actually haven't changed in size, just shape! They have separated and do not touch in any bra I try on.
Is there a solution??
I am a 34J (US) 34G (UK) or 12G Australia/NZ

Please for the love of God and all that is sacred, how do I fix this. My boobs don't stand out anymore, they don't look round in bras, they have no cleavage even though they are relatively big. Does anyone have a solution?

Replies

• bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    breast tissue is mainly fat so of course weight loss is going to affect them

theres some great websites out there to help you track size changes,
    and they will change , but not always linear like we think.
    abrathat fits is a dot com that is pretty good at helping you out , theres another thats better but cant think of it right now , im sure someone will chime in
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    You do realise that there is only one way that we can properly advise on here, right?
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, sorry, have you Googled it?
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    ?? I think when your boobs touch it generally means that your bra is too small. So buy a smaller bra? I personally try to avoid the uni-boob look.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Do not understand. Why would you want a sweaty cleavage?
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    ?? I think when your boobs touch it generally means that your bra is too small. So buy a smaller bra? I personally try to avoid the uni-boob look.

I usually go for the lift and separate as well. :smile:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    Some makes of bra do seem to hold the breasts closer together than others, so I'd shop around in different styles and brands. Going a cup size too small can help as well. Padded bras can help, but they're difficult to find in bigger sizes.

Another thing that can help is wearing a firm, stretchy low-cut dress that's fairly tight on the top. It will push everything together.

I've read good reviews of Eva Michalak bras (from Poland): they do push-up/padded bras in larger sizes. I'm tempted to order one when I get to a stable size!
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This all depends on your bra - 34 H, UK here.

The uniboob is usually because your bra is too small - if you actually want that, get a small bra.
    Google "a bra that fits" you should find a reddit which will help you fit yourself.
    You need to find a cut, style and size of bra that gets your boobs best.

Losing weight your boobs will constantly change, you need to decide what you think is more important - consistancy in your chest, or losing weight.

best of luck x
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Hollywood tape for going out/special occasions. T-shirt bra to give a nice round shape. As for bombshell cleavage - that's a toughie as I struggle to find one in my size here in Oz and end up having to get creative with bigger bands and my sewing machine. (10FF here). Playboy bras from Bras n Things sometimes online if you are REALLY lucky might go close to size

Otherwise custom push up corset? Pricey but va va va vooooom baby :D
  • CharleePear
    Options
    I know what size I am, I don't need help to fit my bra, done the research thanks though. I have measured but how is the uniboob from a too small bra? I get four boobs when I wear a too small bra. I am asking cos I actually had nice looking cleavage before weight loss and really firm breasts, now not firm. Dunno how that happens. I am wanting a perky look I think is what I am getting at.. like what they bra ads pics look like, I used to get that now .. nope.

ETA: This is not supposed to sound insensitive, but did you read my opening post and my title? What girl doesn't want to look sexy? My boobs no longer look sexy and it saddens me.
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the bra fit. You just have to shop around to find one that really does fit your boobs as well as your size. Not all bras are created equal, after all. Herroom.com has really good advice on choosing a bra that fits, and will give you that super model boob look.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    There is really no need for that.

If your boobs aren't looking good in your bra - then you need a different bra.

Yes you've lost fat in your breasts it happens - you can help tighten the skin with lots of "good fats" in your diet, staying hydrated and mouisturising your skin. Have a look at "a bra that fits" anyway, if you haven't already - it's not the normal lingere store approach to measuring and it may actually help you.

And girl, I am sure your boobs are sexilicious, but it's a change, and changes are hard to deal with, especially when it's something we actually enjoy about ourselves. In 85lbs my boobs have gone through a lot of changes too, and I feel your pain I really do - my assets have loose skin and aren't as perky as they were, but they are improving (go skin go) and yours will too.

All i'm saying it - your boobs don't look good in a bra: The bra's fault.
    TL;DR all boobs are f&*^ing fantastic.

edit: I can't spell.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Surgery.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Surgery.

I read this as sugary...and I was confused....
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm a US 40DD. I have an awesome date-night bra from Cacique that is lightly padded, but it also has removable pads that go into built-in pockets on the outsides of the cups--they push everything to the center. I've had 2 kids, and a good portion of my weight loss has been from my chest, so if it gives me nice cleavage, there's a pretty good chance that style would work for you. :-)
  • CharleePear
    Options
    There is really no need for that.

If your boobs aren't looking good in your bra - then you need a different bra.

Yes you've lost fat in your breasts it happens - you can help tighten the skin with lots of "good fats" in your diet, staying hydrated and mouisturising your skin. Have a look at "a bra that fits" anyway, if you haven't already - it's not the normal lingere store approach to measuring and it may actually help you.

And girl, I am sure your boobs are sexilicious, but it's a change, and changes are hard to deal with, especially when it's something we actually enjoy about ourselves. In 85lbs my boobs have gone through a lot of changes too, and I feel your pain I really do - my assets have loose skin and aren't as perky as they were, but they are improving (go skin go) and yours will too.

All i'm saying it - your boobs don't look good in a bra: The bra's fault.
    TL;DR all boobs are f&*^ing fantastic.

edit: I can't spell.

I actually almost cried reading this, cos I was like...finally someone that understands!! hahaha Thanks lovely. :flowerforyou:
  • CharleePear
    Options
    I'm a US 40DD. I have an awesome date-night bra from Cacique that is lightly padded, but it also has removable pads that go into built-in pockets on the outsides of the cups--they push everything to the center. I've had 2 kids, and a good portion of my weight loss has been from my chest, so if it gives me nice cleavage, there's a pretty good chance that style would work for you. :-)

I will check it out.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    all boobs are f&*^ing fantastic.

I agree :happy:

Yep, boobs are fab :love:
  • CharleePear
    Options

I also love boobs, fantastic invention. Beautiful!
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Three favorite Tweets:

Men stare at boobs the same way children stare at puppies...they simply want them to come out and play

Womens' boobs are like the Sun. You're only supposed to peek, then look away

Women, if you want to win any argument with a man, simply begin playing with your boobs.