controlling cravings...?

Options
i've been having some massive cravings, but i have already eaten away the maximum amount of calories i can consume!:sad:

any tips on how i can stop wanting foods that i don't need to eat?

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    It could be that your brain is fighting you like crazy trying to undermine your dieting. So you must fight with all you've got! See this documentary to understand what you're up against. Lose 10% of your body weight, and the body goes into trauma, trying to convince you to gain it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_cmltmQ6A

I find it helps to access MFP support, to step on the scale, or drink, or exercise, or go do something fun, or binge on frozen berries.

Staying far away from real sugar or salty snacks also helps.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    It could be that your brain is fighting you like crazy trying to undermine your dieting. So you must fight with all you've got! See this documentary to understand what you're up against. Lose 10% of your body weight, and the body goes into trauma, trying to convince you to gain it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_cmltmQ6A

I find it helps to access MFP support, to step on the scale, or drink, or exercise, or go do something fun, or binge on frozen berries.

Staying far away from real sugar or salty snacks also helps.

thank you!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Maybe you actually aren't eating as much as you really could be. What are your calories set to and are you also eating your exercise calories back since that is how MFP works?
  • Manny0311
    Manny0311 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sue

There are days when I don't eat my exercise calories back at all...

They get accumulated and used on the social scene or are just kept in the bag..
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Sue

There are days when I don't eat my exercise calories back at all...

They get accumulated and used on the social scene or are just kept in the bag..

Yes that's fine as long as it all balances out in the end. I've done that myself many time Manny.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Your daily calorie goal may be too low! Please check that!
    When I fill myself with nutritious food, the cravings for my favorite treats are reduced substantially.
  • 12bfree
    12bfree Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    At one time I would have two or three olives to stave off cravings. These days I use chewing gum and water. In the long term, take a close look at the calories you are eating. If I am meeting all my nutritional requirements, I have less cravings. On the other hand, I could eat 4000 calories of junk food and still be hungry.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is keeping the things I crave out of the house unless I'm having a day when I'm going to eat whatever I want. It's so much easier to resist when I have to go to the store for it. And during any preparation to go to the store, there is time to decide I'd rather not have it after all.

If it belongs to someone else in the house I can let it go, but if it belongs to me and it's here, I'm going to eat it sooner rather than later.
  • madisunbaker
    Options
    Your daily calorie goal may be too low! Please check that!
    When I fill myself with nutritious food, the cravings for my favorite treats are reduced substantially.

ok i will! :smile: thank you!
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Drinking hot tea helps me when I'm at my calorie limit
  • BrennaReistad
    BrennaReistad Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    calories are probably too low! MFP told me 1200 cal to loose weight but I felt horrible and had to eat more. I talked to my ex-personal trainer and after some calculations he explained I need to be eating 1500-1400 calories. If you eat too few calories you not only feel horrible but your body flips out and starts storing fat because it thinks you are starving.
  • lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    Options
    I had this problem tonight. I really wanted jam on toast, I thought about it, asked myself why I was craving it and then went ahead and toasted up 2 slices of bread added the ginger jam, logged it. sat down and each mouthful I took I said to myself had enough yet. I ate half a slice of toast and satisfied threw the rest in the bin. I then corrected the calories on MFP. I only ate a quatre of the calories and it worked craving satisfied with so few calories.

so I say grab what you are craving. you don't have to eat it all. after all after a few bites it all tastes the same;)