My Story "A Lost Battle To Obesity"

Options
I am not the type of person that expresses my feelings to well...I tend to keep to myself a lot and keep my feelings bottled in which I know is not good but something happened to me recently that I feel has changed all of that. I hear stories of people losing close ones to the battle of obesity and I sympathize but never had I empathized until 1/1/11...I lost one of the bestest friends I had and my feelings have been such a roller coaster.

Her name was Mechi and she was born 8/29/1985...so very young had such a bright personality and despite having so many health problems such as CHF, Kidney Failure, and Asthma she stayed positive in knowing she would eventually lose enough weight to get Bypass Surgery but with her heart problems she needed to lose more weight before they could do the operation. She was in OH at a hospital getting better...She lost 80 lbs while being there and was looking much better...The future looked brighter for her. For the holiday season she went back home to MD to spend it with her family and when she went to sleep after bringing in the new year she never woke up.

I feel obligated to continue with my journey for me as well as for her because I know how much she tried to get better but her poor body just let out on her. I know she is in a better place but the pain I feel knowing I cant hear her lovely voice again is unbearable but I am going to channel all that into making a healthier lifestyle for me and my family. I now understand completely the fatal affects obesity can have on a person and I dont want to be that person.

My promise to you Mechi is to get healthy and stay that way. I will never forget you!

Replies

• Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I am sooooo sorry, sweetie. :( I really love what you're doing and I know she's definitely looking down on you now. You can definitely do this! We'll all be here for you every step of the way!!
  • valeriallen
    Options
    I am sorry to read about the lost of your friend. I will keep you and her family in my prayers.
  • 4amber
    4amber Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. One day at a time, one bite at a time. You and her family will be in my prayers.
  • heatherwbz
    heatherwbz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to read this. What a horrible and painful slap in the face of reality. I wish you strength and love as you grieve this loss.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW & I'm sorry for the loss of your best friend.
    Just from what I read, I could see that she must have been an amazing person & someone very special.
    She was trying to do what she was (probably) told to do by doctors.
    The greatest way to honor your friend is to do what you are doing.
    Take the time needed to grieve your loss, then get healthy & that will be the best tribute that you could give her.
  • tinlady
    tinlady Posts: 23
    Options
    So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Stay strong and be kind to yourself. You are in my prayers.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you and I wish you success in this trek of life!! Keep her memories alive while focusing on your wellness! Also hugs to your children! They need their mama for a long time to come and you will provide for them a healthier life too!!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Truly sorry to hear this. That could be so many of us. Many prayers on the way.