Starting January 2011

Options
I thought it would be great for anyone starting, or restarting, help support one another. We're all new and in the same boat and it'll be great seeing each others progress and supporting one another. Introduce yourself and if you like, update with your weekly progress, or whatever makes you feel happy and helps. I'll go first :wink:

Replies

• wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Intro:
    Hi, I used Fitness Pal before and lost some weight and then lost my way. LOL I'm back and don't know why I left. I'm starting fresh. Through my own healthy eating, I've managed to get myself down from 21st (292lbs) to 14st (192lbs), but over last 6 months or so, I've seen my weight creep up to 16st 12lbs (236lbs). I don't wish to see it go any higher, so I'm here to keep an eye on things and get myself back in check!

Week 1
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 2

q6OP.png

946094.png
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am in.

My name is Jamie. I have used MFP off and on for a few years now but haven't been consistent. I notice when I am on here, I do lose weight. When my 2nd child was born, 4 years ago, I lost about 70 lbs and guess what, in the course of those 4 years, I have gained it all back :(
    So here it is, another year and I am thoroughly disgusted with my weight and am even ashamed to post my weight, but maybe it will help me. I love to work out and try to 3 to 5 times a week.

Week 1: 270
  • diana36
    Options
    I will wish you well in your weight-loss endeaver and be encourage to stay on track, I am in the same boat I was 159 and now 184 I actually lost a pound since starting back on the 01-03-2010 every ounce, pound will count this time.:smile:
  • Consmomluv
    Options
    Hi my name is Kristina! I said for 2011, I want to lose 15 lbs. Sooner then within 12 months of course!!! I have a 5 year old son- the day I gave birth I weighed 134, The moment I left the hospital I weighed 108. Now, Im 128 (126 this morning...). I want to have my little body back. I know Im not 18 anymore, but I have plenty to spare! My thing is I eat when Im bored... & Im bored alot. I want to join some differant activites on the days or nights that my son is with his dad. ANYTHING to keep me busy!!! I have crash dieted through the years and GREAT results- but gain it all back... the yo yo diets!!! (Why dont they work!!! haha). Come on, Bikini season is RIGHT around the corner.

Along with being a skinny minny for 201... my other resolutions are: Grow my hair out, be blonde again, get a new car, build my relationship with my bf (that can be a real struggle!!!)... also be a more caring mother :)<3

Good luck to everyone with their journeys! <3
  • amehrkens
    amehrkens Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would like to youin your ladies! I have lost 114lbs gained about 20 back, I would like to lose that 20 and an additional 20! My plan is to work out 4 days a week with doing cardio all 4 days and adding strength training in 2 days a week. I have 4 kids so the most I can commit right now is 4 days! I am also using MFP obviously.....I am hoping this is the answer I have been looking for!
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    I am in.

My name is Jamie. I have used MFP off and on for a few years now but haven't been consistent. I notice when I am on here, I do lose weight. When my 2nd child was born, 4 years ago, I lost about 70 lbs and guess what, in the course of those 4 years, I have gained it all back :(
    So here it is, another year and I am thoroughly disgusted with my weight and am even ashamed to post my weight, but maybe it will help me. I love to work out and try to 3 to 5 times a week.

SW: 270
    GW: 165

Welcome! And don't be ashamed! It's a great way to start afresh. We're in this together, my weight is also posted for all to see. hehe We can do it this time. I'm fed up of re-starting diets/ healthy eating, but found I always did best when I aired my laundry and had support from others, plus I'm less likely to slip up :happy:
    I will wish you well in your weight-loss endeaver and be encourage to stay on track, I am in the same boat I was 159 and now 184 I actually lost a pound since starting back on the 01-03-2010 every ounce, pound will count this time.:smile:

Well done on your great start!!

Hi my name is Kristina! I said for 2011, I want to lose 15 lbs. Sooner then within 12 months of course!!! I have a 5 year old son- the day I gave birth I weighed 134, The moment I left the hospital I weighed 108. Now, Im 128 (126 this morning...). I want to have my little body back. I know Im not 18 anymore, but I have plenty to spare! My thing is I eat when Im bored... & Im bored alot. I want to join some differant activites on the days or nights that my son is with his dad. ANYTHING to keep me busy!!! I have crash dieted through the years and GREAT results- but gain it all back... the yo yo diets!!! (Why dont they work!!! haha). Come on, Bikini season is RIGHT around the corner.

Along with being a skinny minny for 201... my other resolutions are: Grow my hair out, be blonde again, get a new car, build my relationship with my bf (that can be a real struggle!!!)... also be a more caring mother :)<3

Good luck to everyone with their journeys! <3

Thanks for starting out with us. I'm a mum with 4 year old and a boyfriend of 2 and a bit years, so I know what you mean. We can all loose the weight. Hopefully, when I'm board, I'll be on here, or outside with my little one. I hope to do more walking and be bikini ready eventually!
    I would like to youin your ladies! I have lost 114lbs gained about 20 back, I would like to lose that 20 and an additional 20! My plan is to work out 4 days a week with doing cardio all 4 days and adding strength training in 2 days a week. I have 4 kids so the most I can commit right now is 4 days! I am also using MFP obviously.....I am hoping this is the answer I have been looking for!

Welcome, it will work and we're all here to support each other for the good and the bad :happy:

Week 1
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 2

q6OP.png

946094.png
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you all in this January start - I intend to make a change to my shape this year. I'm so fed up of being fat. I've piled on the weight over the last 3 years, I blame bereavement and ill health - sat around far too much feeling ill and miserable and eating! I also have an underactive thyroid which makes losing weight quite hard but surely not impossible!

Another resolution is to go to bed earlier of an evening. I find if I stay up till after 11pm I get hungry again and then can't sleep until I've eaten something - then sleep and let all the calories gather around my hips!

Good luck to us all x
  • krsslim
    krsslim Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Kerin, and I'm 32 without kids - at least none of my own; I teach seventh grade English, so I guess you could say that I deal with 120 a day!

I am tired of being "the fat one." I think I hear that in everyone's post. So, (although I am also ashamed to admit it), here it goes:

Week 1 - 270 lbs!
  • kpbella
    Options
    I'm IN! Its great to see the support for each other. I am a beginner at this....but its MY TIME to really stop talking and wishing about it, and DO IT! So far, I'm loving the site and app...and hope it helps keep me on track in losing, to start, 25 pounds! My goal is to lose 40...and being 37, sure isnt as easy as it was when I was in my 20s! (DARN IT!)

Please feel free to add me as a friend...can't have too many of them! :)

Karen
  • wintervixen78
    Options
    Hi my name is Andrea and I'm 21yrs. old...I joined MFP back in August 2010 but didnt continue to login. After finding out from my Doctor, my overweight issue has lead to liver problems, I must loose this weight now. I'm currently at 197lbs and my target weight is 148lbs. I hope by using this site I will find guidance support in reaching better health and my goal. :smile:

Welcome and I hope you're felling well, I hope we all get healthy for 2011 :smile:
    I'd like to join you all in this January start - I intend to make a change to my shape this year. I'm so fed up of being fat. I've piled on the weight over the last 3 years, I blame bereavement and ill health - sat around far too much feeling ill and miserable and eating! I also have an underactive thyroid which makes losing weight quite hard but surely not impossible!

Another resolution is to go to bed earlier of an evening. I find if I stay up till after 11pm I get hungry again and then can't sleep until I've eaten something - then sleep and let all the calories gather around my hips!

Good luck to us all x

I'm totally with you, I'm tired of yo yoing! I've been at both ends of the scale and hope with yours and everyone's help I can do it. I have a night munchy suggestion and hope it helps you. Try having a small cup of milk and a small banana, they both contain a natural chemical (hormone) called 'Melatonin', you can search engine it, Melatonin naturally helps you slep. Also, can help absorbe fat and pass the fat out, as well as protein, which your body is supposidly less likely to hang on to than carbs and sugar :happy: Banana has lots of carbs (still healthy), so if you're worried about that, eat fresh berries, which are lower in carb and will hopefully fill you up enough to drift off. I hope that helps and good luck to you also.
    Hello!

I'm Kerin, and I'm 32 without kids - at least none of my own; I teach seventh grade English, so I guess you could say that I deal with 120 a day!

I am tired of being "the fat one." I think I hear that in everyone's post. So, (although I am also ashamed to admit it), here it goes:

Week 1 - 270 lbs!

Welcome and thanks for being open. We're all here with you. I'm starting out at 236lbs and it fls like a long road I know. But I'm thankful we can all support each other!
    I'm IN! Its great to see the support for each other. I am a beginner at this....but its MY TIME to really stop talking and wishing about it, and DO IT! So far, I'm loving the site and app...and hope it helps keep me on track in losing, to start, 25 pounds! My goal is to lose 40...and being 37, sure isnt as easy as it was when I was in my 20s! (DARN IT!)

Please feel free to add me as a friend...can't have too many of them! :)

Karen

Welcome and thanks for the intro and I'll add you :o)

Week 1
    236lbs (0lbs loss)
    Week 2

q6OP.png

946094.png
  • PorcyT
    PorcyT Posts: 4
    Options
    My name's Pippa, it's the first time I've used this site or the forums etc, I've been tracking my diet for the past week-ish. So far so good! I'm finding I can stick to my calorie goal fairly easily, since I'm now conscious of what I'm eating rather than stuffing my face and giving up.
    I'm 21, live in the south of England but spend most of my time in Cardiff with my fiance. I'm usually pretty socially reserved but screw it, I'm losing weight to be confident so I've got to have the personality to match :)
  • laydeedancer
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica, 33 and mom to a 3 year old girl.
    As of my first weigh in, I was 200 lbs. My goal is to lose at least 60 pounds.
    I've had success losing weight before, mostly with Waight Watchers. The problem is that I dont follow through and before I know it, I end up putting all of the weight back on.
    So far, so good this time! here's hoping it sticks!
  • kaybe
    kaybe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Karen. I would love to join in the group. I have been on this site, but not used it like I should. I still feel like a newbie, so I'm starting over and looking for help! Just reading everyone's posts has encouraged me! If anyone has any diet tips, I will take them. I'm a secretary and sit at a desk all day. Over the course of the day, I snack and constantly think of my next meal! Time for a change!

1758429.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lisamaria63
    Options
    I'm In! Just started in here today! Been exercing since January 1st.. Really excited to a healthier future! Would like to shed 30 lbs my BEFORE quiting smoking weight 2 years ago!
  • ceinwen23
    Options
    When I met my husband I was 145 pounds. I was in college....and he fed me. We've been together 7 years and married almost 5. After that 7 years I now weigh 210 pounds! It's time....I HAVE to do this. I'll be coaching a loca High School Girls Lacrosse Team and I can't expect them to do anything that I can't do! With your support I think we'll ALL be successful.
  • kimberlyrae
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 20 year old college student from Connecticut, studying to be an elementary school teacher. I struggled with my weight in my early teens and I have never been fully satisfied with my body, even during my years of track in high school. I am what is considered a healthy body weight (a BMI of about 22) but I am always battling my love handles and would love to have a completely flat stomach.

I just joined today after finding the MyFitnessPal iPhone app - check it out if you don't have it!

I love the calorie counter on here, it is so useful. My technique for losing weight is the 400 calorie fix. I eat four 400 calorie meals a day, totaling 1600 calories. Sometimes I try to have less, and I try to either run once a day or do Wii Fit. At this rate, I lose about a pound a week. Which is fine with me, as long as I can be happy with how I look in my Victoria's Secret bikini by May!

I'd love to meet other people on here (old or new) and exchange tips and support. Friend me if you want to and I'll be sure to add you back. I think I have some decent tips to offer, especially for those of you doing a calorie-restricted diet.

Happy New Year everyone! 2011 is the year we will stick to our resolutions and drop those pounds! Good luck to all of you! :smile:
  • dfront2
    dfront2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 35, married for 8 years, I have 2 children and 2 step children. I joined MFP through my phone and discovered this website. I am very excited about it. I am hoping that with your encouragement I will actually lose the weight I want to. I'm sorry to say I weight 174 lbs, my goal weight is at least 130 if not 125. I want to do it for my health! I do have a medical condition which I have to take medication for and it makes me gain weight weight. This will be difficult. I have lost weight in the past but never met my goal. I am sincerely hoping that I can accomplish it this time. So far so good. If I lose 1 lb a week I will be there within this year. I am planning a trip to Hawaii with my husband and friends...really want to look good out on the beach without feeling self concious too.
  • Casey97
    Options
    I can't wait to get started loosing this weight! Up until about 4-5 years ago I was at a pretty average weight weighing anywhere from 120-135 and I was comfortable with that, I wasn't stick thin but I looked healthy and was in shape and pretty toned.

Now at 21, after two knee surgeries (one when I was 15, the second at 20) it seems like the weight I gained just came out of nowhere, 5 pounds here and there does add up apparently. I'm about 5'3" and weigh anywhere from 160-165 given the day and I'm defintaly not as confident or comfortable with my body as I use to be. I figured with the new year I would start my weight loss journey, hopefully getting down to 135ish my June/July (maybe thats wishful thinking).

My biggest downfall when it comes to loosing weight is I get discouraged so easily, I defintaly enjoy instant gratification and have to keep reminding myself that weight loss doesn't come that fast, it's a process that I have to be consistant with. I'm hoping with support and slowly getting back into the gym I can stick with it and loose this weight.

I'm looking foward to getting back in shape and getting back into my size 7 jeans :smile:
  • kimberlyrae
    Options
    Welcome! I can definitely relate to wanting to feel confident on the beach, I always feel so awkward when I put a bathing suit on. I'm sure you can do it though, and one pound a week is a healthy, steady goal.

P.S. Hawaii is beautiful! Have fun there and good luck.
  • kay5272
    Options
    Hi, I'm new today! I'm 32 and a mom of 2. When I first met my hubby I was only 116lbs, now I'm 90 lbs heavier. He says I look fine of course but I really don't feel fine, I know there is no way in the world I'll ever be that super skinny girl again. I have my final goal set for the weight I was when I got preggo with my son which is 150lbs. He's almost 10 now and I've been packing on the pounds since. I'm actually heavier now then the day before he was born which makes me so mad at myself. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and so disappointed with myself.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to go shopping for a treadmill to be able to easily exercise at home, if not I guess it might be a daily trek to the local gym. I get so upset with myself for not having the daily dedication to stick to some kind of program, I'm always falling off the wagon.

My husband and kids are all skinny like I use to be so its so easy to fall back into bad eating habits. I'm really hoping that with the help and encouragement of this site & hopefully with some luck, some friends as well I'll be able to finally reach my goals.

Maybe this summer I'll actually feel confident enough to wear a bathing suit.