30 day shred starting jan 1--anyone in?

Options

Replies

• delfin59
    Options
    I finished 2/3 of day 3 :( After the warm-up I realized that I kept getting cramps on my right leg. I tried to ignore it throughout the workout but by the end of circuit 2 it was too painful to ignore :(

So I might try again tomorrow morning and see how my leg is going to be. If it's still acting up then I might take the day off tomorrow as well.

Are we supposed to do this everyday for 30 days or can we take day off here and there?
  • angieskia
    angieskia Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    OK Shredders I have a Question. Are any of you taking Rest Days and How Often. I've heard work your upper body 1 day then your lowere Body the next. I Believe 30DS works the whole body so you Can't alternate. One Of My MFP friends said to Take Every Other Day off but then it wouldn't be 30 Days it would Be 60. Yikes. Another said 1 Day Per week. So How Are you Ladies doing this? Straight Through? Every Other day? Rest every 2 Days? Rest Only 1 day? Please Help
  • vjam496
    Options
    I'm in.............................
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    OK Shredders I have a Question. Are any of you taking Rest Days and How Often. I've heard work your upper body 1 day then your lowere Body the next. I Believe 30DS works the whole body so you Can't alternate. One Of My MFP friends said to Take Every Other Day off but then it wouldn't be 30 Days it would Be 60. Yikes. Another said 1 Day Per week. So How Are you Ladies doing this? Straight Through? Every Other day? Rest every 2 Days? Rest Only 1 day? Please Help

Day 3, level 1 - done.

delfin90 - regarding your cramped leg muscle. It could be an injury in which cause you do have to exercise caution. However, if it is simply cramping that may be a sign that you are dehydrated and need to up your water intake. Muscles will cramp if you are dehydrated, so just be aware of that possibility. :drinker:

Also, stretching is very important. Stretching helps your muscles so that they don't tighten back up.

angieskia: Do the 30 day shred whatever way suits your schedule and your fitness level. Some people do this dvd every other day and incorporate another form of activity on alternate days. Some people do this monday to friday with weekends off etc. You can also do this straight through for the 30 days as I am doing.

With this being only a 20 minute dvd of alternating cardio/strength/abs you will be recovered enough to do this again the next day. So, just do it your way. The main thing however is to simply just get moving.

Good luck!

Oh by the way, starting today, I will be incorporating yoga to give myself good stretches. My schedule is tight so I will be doing the 30 Day Shred dvd first thing in the morning (to get the pain over and done with) and then in the evening as I'm able to wind down I will fit in 20 minutes of yoga topped off with a warm cup of green tea.

Happy Shredding everyone!

Debbie :flowerforyou:
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Day 2-Level 1 completed. The ab work at the end kills me and I had to rest a couple of times. I have very little ab muscle strength due to two c-sections so that is really the weakest part of my body. My mini goal is to complete the whole session without resting once. Cardio does not bother me as bad for some reason. Feeling it mostly in my shoulders today. Second mini goal is to do it every day for 30 days in a row. As of right now I don't feel a need to have resting days because I do not feel my muscles are overly stressed with just 20 minute workouts. I am using 5 pound weights currently and feel that they are just about right.
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Did Day 1 of Level 1 last night (twice actually to burn some extra calories) but it was rough for sure. I'm feeling alright today but for some reason I usually get the most sore 2 days after an intense workout so I dreading waking up tomorrow....
  • Dlenakakis
    Dlenakakis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I want in even though I'm a little late! I'm getting mine today !!
  • rachel122986
    Options
    Im I. Just started last night it was tough. Did it again this morning hope I will be able to get out of level 1
  • vipersgirl28
    Options
    I am in. Started today. Did Level 1.
  • Yarnpiggie
    Options
    Did Day 1 of Level 1 last night (twice actually to burn some extra calories) but it was rough for sure. I'm feeling alright today but for some reason I usually get the most sore 2 days after an intense workout so I dreading waking up tomorrow....

My trainer has said that is pretty typical. cardio helps with the soreness because it helps get the lactic acid out of the muscles.
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Day 7 of level one done this morning. No breaks at all this time but still having issues with bicycle crunches so I just do regular crunches. I'm sure my abs will catch up soon enough. :D
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    day 4 just done x
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

the first time i did it, i did every other day. yes it took me 60 days but i needed the rest in between. the second time i did it, i just did it whenever my schedule allowed (ended up resting about twice a week). this time i am planning out my rest day for saturday. :) i think whatever works for you will be fine. you will still see results if you rest every other day.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    l1d3 done. the push-ups are still a killer!
  • ChristinaT0507
    ChristinaT0507 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ok well i STARTED the shred today, got about 5 minutes in and then my baby girl started crying. but ill try again tomorrow. im ok missing today because im working out with a trainer tonight, we do circuit training so its the same idea. goodluck everyone!
  • DebbieW
    DebbieW Posts: 187
    Options
    Im I. Just started last night it was tough. Did it again this morning hope I will be able to get out of level 1

rachel122986 - LOL! You might not want to be in a big hurry to get out of level 1:noway: , level 2 is worse, then.....there's level 3 to deal with.:huh:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Debbie
  • Smile143
    Options
    I am in for a 90 day shed.. I have 30lbs though... I would love to support and be supported
  • jroulo
    jroulo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Did day 4 this morning. It went very well and I can feel increased strength with the lunges.
  • bleigh1964
    bleigh1964 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just got my 30 day shred in the mail today and did my first workout. I do like the circuit workouts.
  • lilrhody
    lilrhody Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    After 3 straight days, I had to take a break from the Shred tonight - I'm fighting mightily not to get sick and just didn't have the energy to get through the torture. I'm pretty disappointed - but will hop right back onto my mat with my handweights as soon as the room stops spinning!