NSVs? (Non-Scale Victories)

Options

Replies

• Embracing_My_Life
    Options
    Those are GREAT NSV's!! :smile: I just started MFP today, but I feel that taking that first step is a great NSV (with many more to come) :flowerforyou:
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Going out and buying new jeans, not paying attention and buying the next size down to find out that I had to take them back and exchange them for an even smaller waist size (hate trying on clothes in shops) as they were too big.

This made me decide to check out my measurements and discovered I have lost 8inches on my waist, 6 from my hips, 2 from my thighs and gained 3 on my chest and 2 on my arms.

Also added a forth hole to my belt, thinking it is about time that I buy a new one as this one has excess that reaches around and past my left hip now.

My shoulder gains are showing now and I have considerably larger and visible traps now.

Comments in the gym from complete strangers, one stating that my transformation since joining the gym has been nothing short of impressive and another saying they admire the 'diamond' definition in my calves.

All in all a lot of NSV's for me lately which is awesome, plus the scale victory of hitting 4stone (~26kg/57lb) weight loss since I started this journey a year ago (before I joined MFP).
  • concord1995
    concord1995 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started out at 398 pounds and last Saturday, I reached a total weight loss of 71 pounds in about 3 years. I still have a long journey ahead but am headed in the right direction!

NSVs:

- Getting to wear smaller clothes. I am getting to the point where I don't have to buy all my clothes at big & tall stores. It feels good to fit into sizes that I haven't been able wear in many, many years. And it's saving me money too - the clothes at regular stores are about half what I pay at the big & tall stores.
    - This weekend, my wife and I participated in a fun run, one-mile run portion of a charity run. We did the one-mile run last year but walked the entire mile. This year, I was determined to run a portion of it and I was able to run about a 4/10s of a mile.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Bought a dress in a smaller size without trying it on, Had to take it get and get one 2 sizes smaller. :smile:
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Some of the best long term NSV's (I was a size 26 in 2001).

Fitting into a plane seat with ease.
    Running for the bus..and making it!
    Taking the stairs instead of the escalator or elevator...by choice.
    Doing a push up on my toes.
    Shopping at any store - not in the plus size dept
    Loving vegetables

More recently, seeing my 90 day report on exercise and seeing my activity level increase from 2x a week to nearly 5 workouts every week.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My 10 bikinis finally fit again, along with my board shorts & my rashguard shirts!!! READY FOR SUMMER!!!!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    New bras (38D from a 42DD) and underwear for me this weekend! And started a pile of "too baggy to wear to work" clothes and that pile is getting bigger every time I pull something out of my closet and try it on. When you have options besides just stores that carry 2XL or size 20+, I think I will enjoy shopping much more than I have in the last decade. Rock on everyone!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    My dad & I went to lunch last week and the waitress asked him after I left, "Is that your granddaughter?"

My dad is 68 so he's not a particularly young dad to 37-year old me...but he looks good for his age and that makes this more of a NSV for me! hehe
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is just what I needed- feeling a little glum after an apparent weight gain (I'm sure it's just a blip, but still). I went to the bargain store this weekend and found two cute pairs of shorts for less than $15. And when I tried on the one marked 40-in waist, it was almost too big! WOOT!

Keep 'em coming, everyone- you're doing great!
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My favourite nsv is when my husband got into my van yesterday(he doesn't
    drive it very often) and was curious to know why my mirrors were so low.and the
    Steering wheel was lower. He's 5'10 and I'm 5' even. Yes I carried alot in my
    backside. After he asked me about it, I smiled to myself for almost the whole 2hr trip.
    Well, It still brings a smile:)
    Brenda
    (at the time that I adjusted my mirrors and steering wheel it never occurred to me why)
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I LOVE NSV postings!! :drinker:
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I can finally wear shorts without feeling extremely self conscious, and/or without doing the "funny/crooked" walk to try to minimize them riding up in between my thighs, or constantly tugging on them to bring them back out of my crotch.

I can run in short sleeves without getting a horrible rash from "brush burn" on my upper inner arms.

These two are actually HUGE things that I only discovered recently! :drinker: Congrats to everyone on your small and large losses!!! Every little bit counts!!
  • Reb2979
    Reb2979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    -Two old co-workers came into work and didn't recognize me beacuse I lost so much weight
    -saw family I hadn't seen in a year and they were shocked by how much thinner I look
    -went down a couple notches on my belt
    -being in the 160's again (whatttt!!) haven't seen that since freshman year of high school (2007)
    -the stares I get when I go out on the town ;)
    -sex is so much more fun (I try to make it a second workout)
  • jules159
    jules159 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    1. Found out I went down another pant size this weekend. LOVE going into the dressing room and then having to say "oh these are too big, I need a smaller size."

2. Went for a walk in a dress on my lunch hour last week when it was warm and my thighs didn't stick or rub together when walking!
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    By far feeling better about myself which led to working harder in the gym - which led to getting recruited onto a competitive kettle bell team - still stunned but working hard toward competing in the US nationals in Aug
  • Kittysaurusrex13
    Kittysaurusrex13 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    After my C25K run on the treadmill (W1D3) I still had 12 minutes on the timer because I had to start it over halfway through. I decided to try to jog for 5 minutes at 5.5 mph because last week I did 4 minutes and felt like passing out afterward. At the 10 minute mark I started my 5 minutes and it was easy, at 5 minutes I decided to finish the 10 out and I did! I'm asthmatic and don't have an inhaler anymore so I'm training slowly, but it's really paying off. I wasn't even out of breath.
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My tights are wrinkling around my ankles and I have to keep pulling them up. Think I need to start buying medium instead of large! :smile:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is my profile picture. Nailed my Butterfly! It wasn't that long ago I was struggling to even climb the pole. :)
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Had to wear a belt today with the jeans that were skin tight two months ago. Also bought new running shoes yesterday - the first time I have ever actually worn out a pair of sports shoes.
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today I received a nsv from a 6yr old. She asked me if I was working out, I said yes and she replied, "you look really thin"
    :):): ) :):):):)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!