Wanting to lose about 100lbs, looking for support!

Options

Replies

• Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    on a side note - coolest.. hair. ever.

Awww that's so sweet!
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    the 100 lb number seems too big right now. I'm just focusing on 10% at a time so all my goals are set to that 10% weight loss. for me the key is getting my head right about why I'm overweight in the first place. i believe this is key to LONG term success in not gaining the weight back.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    PLEASE ADD ME - ugh. Every time i try to lose weight I seem to gain it. Hoping that friends can help - especially those just starting - I've gained 3 since joining here - but just getting going is great. I exercise a lot but eat WAY too much. Trying to eat more fruits and veges and try yoga as a way to stop eating too much....
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I am looking to lose about 100 as well.Add me! We can support each other.:)
  • Chuvala
    Chuvala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My overall weightloss goal is 100 pounds but my short term goals are 10 pounds at a time. I have lost 25 pounds so far since January and have hit a plateau. I am returning to MyFitnessPal (been about 30 days) to get encouragement and accountability friends.... I didn't know it offered so many features since I only used it for a little while about 2 years ago.

Add me and let's encourage one another.
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends and support as well and would love to be friends! Anyone can feel free to add me!!!
  • SallyPDXer
    SallyPDXer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. I am also looking for support to lose about 100 pounds.
  • salvaje913
    salvaje913 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

In January I started aiming to lose at least 110 lbs. I started at 310 and now I am down to ~258. Almost half way there!

It was hard to change habits but I can tell you it is worth it. In general I feel better than I have in awhile. Good luck!
    2199216 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat with most other post. I need to lose about 100 as well. I feel that documenting what I eat is so helpful to the weight lost process and I try to see what others are talking about often. The support is awesome. I've been having some difficulties but I finally now feel like I'm on the right path.
  • ashym123
    ashym123 Posts: 8
    Options
    i sent a friend request (:
  • Tamzy00
    Tamzy00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in a medical weight loss program with an obesity doc and nutritionist. I've got over 200 pounds to lose total, but first goal is 120 pounds in a year. My personal first goal is to get under 300 and I'm almost there. Been 45 days and I've lost 26 pounds. Doc has me on some meds, had a bad reaction to the first meds and finally found something that seems to be working. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and doing great so far! Two months ago I would have cringed at the thought of 1200 calories, but now I have a REALLY hard time even getting to that mark. As a matter of fact, I have only actually met the 1200 calories a few times in 45 days and it's actually been really easy. Surprise surprise! Been buying and eating much healthier foods and enjoying it more than I ever thought. I have yet to incorporate exercise. Its always been painful for me (feet, back, knees), but once I get under that 300 mark (1-2 more weeks!) I'm going to buy some clothes that fit (mine are already getting too big) and hit the trails!

I would love to share some tips and advice with any of you so feel free to friend me. I log in daily. Good luck to everyone, see you on the other side of the finish line!
  • nesbit11
    nesbit11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm on the same journey, I'm wanting to loose 100+ lbs, I've already lost 15 and that's the most I've ever lost before! I'm all new to this tbh. Its hard sometimes becuase I'm 21 and have party animals as friends and alcohol is a no go! I wish you well and good luck for achieving your future goals, by the looks of people on mfp they are very helpful and friendly so that's a bonus :) x
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to lose 100+ and could use some new friends for motivation and support. :)
  • laurajane_burgess
    Options
    I would like to lose a 100 to, currentlyna size 24 and dream of being a 12-14 again!!
  • Nuka_Gina
    Nuka_Gina Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is such a great idea for a sweet tooth!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Feel free to add me. I'm in a similar boat...I'm in my mid-20s and looking to lose over 100 pounds. Am in need of friends for support and accountability to keep me on track. It's hard to find solid support in real life as all of my friends are either naturally thin or really active, so while they're great and try, they just don't understand what it's like.
  • kherrons
    kherrons Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm adding all of you. You're like Pokemon. I must collect you all!

:laugh: this was amazing! I have more to lose than you but I'm always happy to give support and advice! Add me if you'd like. I have an open diary to friends.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you can do it girl. I started out on July 22nd 2013 with a goal to lose 100 -125 pounds. So far Ive lost 74. and the last three months have really slowed down. still im happy as hell with my results so far. Just eat healthy count your calories and move your body and you will do it.
  • Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    Yogurt is such a great idea for a sweet tooth!

Party! :drinker: :drinker:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I'm adding all of you. You're like Pokemon. I must collect you all! :smokin:

Lol never thought of that...list of pokemon nice!