The Laughing Cow cheese recipes?

Options

Replies

• jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I toast a 100 calorie English muffin, spread a wedge of laughing cow cheese, put turkey and spinach on it and then poached eggs. It's my favorite breakfast on the weekends!
  • jmbond06
    jmbond06 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I put it on everything lol. I like to make quesadillas with it instead of shredded cheese. I also spread it on jalapenos or baked potatoes.
  • ladylambeau
    ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I mix a triangle with tuna instead of using mayo - more protein, less fat!
    Also, a couple of triangles mixed with skim milk over a medium-high heat in a pan makes a lovely cheesy sauce for pasta
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I make buffalo chicken dip with a few wedges of the light blue cheese instead of cream cheese and Fage 0% Greek plain yogurt instead of sour cream. It cuts a lot of calories without cutting out taste!
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl's creamy avocado fettuccine! So good, the sauce is laughing cow swiss cheese and avocados. recipe here:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/misc/show/2920-the-hungry-girl-diet-bonus-recipes#quaker
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We have a smoker/charcoal grill so we smoke baby bell peppers then slice them open and put about 1/2 a wedge in each pepper instead of cream cheese. YUMMMMMMM

Recently I used the garden veggie on deli sliced ham with a dill gherkin to make the "pickle roll-ups" I was craving - that was YUMMY too!

I too have made an alfredo or cheese sauce for pasta, used it on baked potatoes, used it to make quesadillas w/ corn tortillas.

Lastly I will take a couple and put them on a gluten free pizza crust, then use other toppings such as mushrooms, or spinach etc.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump
  • DKMChristin
    DKMChristin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff too. I use it in place of Mayo, cream cheese, even sour cream sometimes. I love it over pasta and mixed in with mashed potato!
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The Miracle Noodle cookbook had a recipe for pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and those laughing cow cheese wedges. I don't think the recipe was much more than that. It was really good, though. And yep, I think I made a low-calorie fetuccine alfredo with them once.
  • jymmeh
    jymmeh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just made one the other night.

Boneless/skinless Turkey Breast (Or chicken)
    1 swiss cheese triangle per 1 breast
    French Fried Onions (French's)

-Preheat oven to 375
    -let cheese come to room temp so it is spreadable
    -Spead cheese onto meat
    -Place on a greased pan
    -Bake until done
    -last 5 mins of cooking time, place 1 tablespoon of the French's French Fried Onions intop of meat and press into the melted cheese. (Can use broil setting to make cheese extra bubbly and brown before adding onions if you want.

Soo good, and low in calories.
  • jymmeh
    Options
    Just made one the other night.

Boneless/skinless Turkey Breast (Or chicken)
    1 swiss cheese triangle per 1 breast
    French Fried Onions (French's)

-Preheat oven to 375
    -let cheese come to room temp so it is spreadable
    -Spead cheese onto meat
    -Place on a greased pan
    -Bake until done
    -last 5 mins of cooking time, place 1 tablespoon of the French's French Fried Onions intop of meat and press into the melted cheese. (Can use broil setting to make cheese extra bubbly and brown before adding onions if you want.

Soo good, and low in calories.

And I use the Light Swiss one.
  • GrasslandFairy
    Options
    I love the garlic herb laughing cow cheese on baked potatoes, with real bacon bits (25 cal/tbs). Way better than loading it up with sour cream.
  • jymmeh
    Options
    I love the garlic herb laughing cow cheese on baked potatoes, with real bacon bits (25 cal/tbs). Way better than loading it up with sour cream.

This sounds delish!!!!
  • aliciamunday7
    aliciamunday7 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Toasted thin bagel, laughing cow and a slice of pineapple
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I cut a chicken breast lengthways, not quite all the way through, and spread it with a wedge of LCC, top it with a slice of ham, toothpick it shut and roll it in breadcrumbs and bake - it makes and awesome chicken cordon bleu and the cheese doesn't leak out like some many do. Yum!

It's also great in mashed potato, so creamy.
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I spread Laughing Cow Cheese on Wasa crackers. (I think they are called crisp & light, 70 calories for 3 nice sized crackers) and top with sliced fresh fruit.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to spread them on one half of a flour tortilla, add chicken, beans, veg, sauce or whatever and fold the uncheese wedged side over to make a quesadilla. Cook in a skillet with a spray of pam on the shell to crip it up without adding calories. Yum yum. It's a great way to be creative and use up whatever you have on hand. I make a buffalo chicken one sometimes using the blue cheese wedges that is pretty awesome sauce.

I keep meaning to try them melted over broccoli...anyone ever given this a try?
  • droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Add it to tomato, cucumber salad.. the light swiss with a splash of balsamic vinegar and some basil paste... My imitation Caprese salad..minus the 700 calories from mozarella..