Low calorie BACON!?!?!

Options

Replies

• Wonderlander63
    Wonderlander63 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Has anyone actually gotten back on this? I know this is a really old post but I dont have a scale and would love to know what the results are :)
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I am doing the macro counting and I found out a completely devastating fact about bacon....the bacon people lie...you need to weigh your bacon cuz the serving of say..3 slices is often WAY MORE than the 16 grams allotted as a serving..i weight my bacon last week and dammit..I was only able to eat like 2 slices of bacon...that is cruel.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    bacon is not that high in calories- why are we looking for a low calorie option?
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great Value is the worst bacon brand on the planet.

Go with Trader Joe's brand if you have it near you. Still cheap but GMO and hormone and antibiotic free.

Great Value is not a brand to even put in your cart.

If you don't have TJ's at least get nitrate free bacon.

Do some research on Great Value....horrible horrible farming practices.
    still tastes good so 0 fuc.ks given

Like a friggen baws.

:drinker:
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Jennie-O turkey bacon is also pretty low-cal, although I prefer the real stuff.

Yes....we eat turkey bacon in our house. Even my 7 year old loves it!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I get Butterball Turkey Bacon (salt reduced) It's 70 calories for 2 pieces. The pieces are about 2-3 times the size of a regular piece of bacon. They are very good!
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    ...I never get it because they are all aroung 50 calories per slice or more...
    ...90 calories for two long, thick pieces isn't too bad...

I'm assuming you're all from the USA/Canada? British back bacon is generally around 110 cals per rasher! Not sure about streaky though - too fatty for me.
    However, I do go to one of our supermarkets to get their low calorie bacon - 37 cals per slice - so I have 3 in a sandwich!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    This got me geared up for a super delicious BLT...

I have a new BLT trick as of today:

Use ripe avocado as a spread instead of mayo = very good.

So you eat BLAT? Um....doesn't sound all that tasty.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Slice anything thinly enough and it will have less calories !!
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    yummm
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Go with Trader Joe's brand if you have it near you. Still cheap but GMO and hormone and antibiotic free.

Take a look at this . Surprising

lol nitrate free bacon

http://chriskresser.com/the-nitrate-and-nitrite-myth-another-reason-not-to-fear-bacon
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I second the natural nitrate free bacon, you want to fuel with real food not just empty calories :)

Say what?? :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I am making bacon in the form of the Cowboys star; it is double smoked...any takers?
  • AwesomeGuy37
    AwesomeGuy37 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When I weighed the GV bacon, 2 pieces weighed what the package serving weight was, even though the serving size said 3 pieces. It has the same calories as any bacon, but is so thin that it seems less.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am making bacon in the form of the Cowboys star; it is double smoked...any takers?

772645.gif
  • xjeanie
    xjeanie Posts: 69
    Options

I totally understand everyone wanting to eat as clean and chemical free as possible - it's great. However, (and this is more so in general, and not maybe so SPECIFICALLY directed at you) people who are all, "ONLY EAT ORGANIC GMO FREE LOCAL GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE" (etc) are TOTALLY ignoring the fact that organic/etc food is REALLY expensive! We have a one-income household right now, I'm in nursing school, paying double the price for 1/2 the quantity isn't always feasible. Malnutrition is a threat, just like foods with chemicals is a threat.

(end rant, again, not specically at you, just an in general kinda thing)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Oscar Meyers center cut bacon is 70 cal for 3 slices.

THIS and I go for the lower sodium kind.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Jennie-O turkey bacon is also pretty low-cal, although I prefer the real stuff.

Yes....we eat turkey bacon in our house. Even my 7 year old loves it!

this !! i never liked the "wasted money" on real bacon ...
    so turkey bacon now that its been around a while is the option , which is better, buy 12 oz packet of bacon cook it , end up with 5 oz of edible food or buy the 6 oz packet of turkey bacon(for a buck) and then when the jenni o is cooked its still 5 oz of food ... for half the price , sorry, i love bacon just as much as the next person , but until it comes down from 8.00 lb for good not fake smoked injected, ill stick with the Jenni o
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

ME!!!! ME!!!!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    It's not that precooked bacon is lower in calories, it's that the nutritional information doesn't include the fat that has already run off from cooking. Assuming you're not consuming the bacon fat from the pan, the nutritional information will be similar for normal bacon.

^this. I was going to post the same thing.