Best Lunch Smoothie recipe that can be defrosted?

Options
cvillegal03
cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
I eat on the run for lunch at work, so I figured why waste time heating and scarfing down my meal, and instead just drink it?! I know some say smoothies loose their nutritional value after blending, but I'm sure they're still better for me than pizza.

So, what is a good recipe that can be blended and frozen the night before, and allowed to defrost in the fridge or on my destk at work? Can you freeze yogurt in smoothies? Thanks!

Replies

• mixtapes23
    mixtapes23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Ooh I'd like some suggestions for this as well!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I pinned this recipe, but haven't made it yet (was waiting for peach season). The blogger makes them for her kids and freezes them:

http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/quick-school-lunch-tip-peach-freezer-smoothies
  • heidifritz627
    heidifritz627 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about throwing all your fruits, veggies, and such, in your blender at night, then in the morning, add your yogurt,protein powder, almond meal, and or flax meal....blend it up, and fill your to go cup with crushed ice, pour your smoothie in and enjoy.
  • cvillegal03
    cvillegal03 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm trying to use the blender once and blend up a large number and freeze, avoiding that morning crunch time!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I've been considering make-ahead smoothies too so I'm commenting to come back and read responses.

Just thought I'd share - I like to put mango flavoured tofu dessert in my smoothies - it makes them extra delicious!