I'm finally seeing a difference!

Options
So far I have lost a little over 40 pounds and I wasn't really seeing a difference. It's harder when you are very overweight cause 40 lbs is nothing compared to a smaller person who loses 40 lbs. But today I got a few cofirmations that I am finally doing it.

First of all I had to take a trip to the store cause my underwear are getting too big (I know.. too much information, but it's exciting lol).. so then while I was walking around the store my husband says.. "you are walking way faster than you normally walk" and I realize, he's right.. normally I stroll around the store and walk very slowly but today I was going quickly... then I realized that normally halfway through the store my back is killing me and today I walked around the store twice (we forgot something way on the other side lol) and it didn't hurt me at all.. in fact I felt like I could keep on walking! Amazing.. then when we sat down at the Subway inside the store I realized that I was fitting comfortably in the booth.. no more table pushing against my stomach!

What a great day! So even though when I look in the mirror I don't see much of a difference, I am changing. YAY me!

Replies

• thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Good for you!! Keep it up you are doing great:) Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    First of all - GREAT JOB! You should be really proud of your success so far.

Second - have you taken any comparison pictures? I am a big fan of these because, not only did I start out 100 lbs overweight, I am also 5'10", so weight loss takes a while to really be obvious. I have been periodically taking pictures and let me tell you, there is a BIG difference, even if I don't see it when I look in the mirror.

Also, are you taking your measurements? I bet you have lost a TON of inches (just think about how much of you had to shrink to fit comfortably in the Subway booth) and seeing those numbers add up would be really encouraging.

Keep up the great work, and awesome job on your progress so far!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    This is great!!!! Congrat on those 40 pounds and I am happy that you are feeling better ;o)
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Great job!
  • Courtney_Ann
    Options
    That is wonderful! Keep up the great work!!
  • krisssa
    Options
    That's so great! Congratulations! I'm so glad you documented that so that you can look to that success. And kudos to your hubby for realizing your pace had picked up! I second the suggestion about taking comparison pics. Way to go!
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Your hard work is paying off. Congrats!
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Good for you. How wonderful for you to see 3 different ways how your weight loss is helping your life in just one day. Keep up the great work.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful day for you! Good job, it will be exciting to see your changes this year :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS, it is a wonderful feeling when you notice so many changes taking place. You are doing great and should be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Way to go! Those are amazing differences to notice. You should be really proud of yourself :)
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I really need to take my measurements and be able to compare in a couple of months. I did take a picture but not until jan 1st so we will see how different the pictures look when I take another in april :) I really appreciate all your support :)
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Exciting stuff, you doing great.
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It is great to hear the success stories of others. It helps me know it can be done.
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is great actually no its amazing and awesome all rolled into one! You are doing great I am soo proud of you!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • margnutt
    margnutt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You should take some pictures i bet you would totally be able to see the difference. Good job on the 40. That is awesome. When ever you feel defeated or like you are not doing well, try to remember that every ounce counts. It is all progress. Great Job on your hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!