Restarting clean

Options
I've been dieting overall for almost a 11 months now, about 130 pounds down and 40-50 or so to go. I just got so tired of having to be restrictive and feeling so out of place at family and social events. I did mess up a few times along the way with bad eating but I had the longest lull of weight gain that I've ever had.

So after two weeks of binge eating and then another week of detox and healthy eating, I'm finally starting dieting again. I've done Paleo before a few years back and found it super cleansing to the body and the mind, I am just really trying to power through the 3 day transition period.

Any suggestions on what to do when you hit that 3 day or even 2 week wall? Those are usually when I mess up, so I'm just trying to prepare myself in case it happens.

Good luck on all of your endeavors!

Replies

• Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as messing up. Think of it as life. **** happens....log it and move on. I had a terrible weekend this past weekend from an eating perspective. Doesn't mean that I have to eat that way the next two weeks. The way I look at it is that if I am within my calories the vast majority of the time and I keep up with my exercise plan then a day or two where life happens and I blow the food part of it and I will still be ok. It will likely slow down my weight loss a bit but I will keep going. This is a marathon after all...not a sprint and none of us are going to be perfect in our eating every single day for the rest of our lives. I just strive for really good :-)
  • bielej17
    bielej17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Log, Log, Log!

As much as it hurts, log everything you do. Whenever I do that I see how the numbers affected my growth and progress and I usually stop. I also make it a point to drink an excessive amount of water!!!

Good luck!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    You should also not think of this as a "diet". Think of it as the clean way of eating and the "other" way is that you were eating like crap.
    This weekend I ate non-clean, I feel so sick to my stomach right now and I've gained 6 pounds in a weekend. Today I'm back to my clean eating and I'm swearing to never do this again as I feel like I could puke at any moment.

Good luck to you!
  • LemonPomsky
    Options
    Thank you for all of your comments, I greatly appreciate it! :)
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    For me, the only thing that works is to not go so full force and restrictive that I call it "messing up" when I eat something goooooooood. I have found that I can be very satisfied and easily stay within my calories for each day when I eat low carb--lots of vegetables and meat and fat, not so many starches. It's an easy way for me to control calories, so I do that most of the time. But there is nothing that will keep me from a slice of homemade bread, a warm chocolate chip cookie, or pizza. (Wonder Bread, Chips Ahoy, or frozen pizza... Not worth it to me. But really delicious stuff... Yes!)