Please review my diet

Options
2»

Replies

• realdirtysouth
    Options
    this is the internet, we are all qualified nutritionists…don't you know?

Right, because no qualified nutritionist could possibly use the internet. They probably none of them have computers. And certainly no nutritionist would ever hang out on a nutrition forum.....
  • ToshaMonique
    Options
    This is all kinds of crazy
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There's a professional hanging out somewhere on this site. I can't remember his name, Tony something or the other, but I'm sure someone can tell you. I personally wouldn't trust advice that you get for free from a random person who says she is qualified on the internet, though, if the question is safety.

PS: Is that calorie restriction for optimal nutrition or does it stand for something else in this case?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted a list of foods but rather taken a screenshot of my cronometer.com daily report summary on my calories, protein/carb/fat breakdown and vitamin/mineral breakdown etc (I don't have this info in myfitnesspal yet):

http://s17.postimg.org/vbg4rzewf/cronometer.png

- my niacin, sodium and trans-fats are all flagged as too high by cronometer, how much do I need to worry about this?
    - some of my vitamins are really really high compared to RDA (eg vitamin C at 660%) even though not flagged as read, again do I need to worry about this/overdosing on any of these vitamins?
    - both my sugar and sat fats are marked as under 100%, is there an actual need to hit 100% on these or is 100% more of a "safe ceiling" than a "minimum RDA"?
    Dude, if you're posting on a website associated with a specific nutrient-logging tool, people will expect that you're using it... Don't get prissy.

- Excess niacin is usually not a big deal. Excess B-vitamins are excreted via urine. Makes it turn bright yellow or orange. It's pretty.
    - Excess Vitamin C is fine, the RDA is a minimum. You're nowhere near a toxic dose of Vitamin A.
    - Your sodium is lower than mine. Don't sweat it.

No idea about the rest.

ETA : don't know much about trans fats but you're over your goal by 0.5%. U trollin' m8?
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

I am not asking if I am taking any poisons (cronometer doesn't track those),

TROLOLOLOL
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I need to know if you had cake.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Just go and pay for a nutritionist to have a look at your diary, then you can argue with him/her about it.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Couldn't care less if you got help with your diet. You really have no idea how to get along with people, do you?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    OK, it seems that I have overestimated the knowledge of participants on this site then. This is the food and *nutrition* forum after all, but perhaps this is too advanced for people here if you think that seeing that I eat broccolli is somehow more important than my overall macro/micro- nutrient breakdown that I posted.

I will try and find a more informed nutrition forum elsewhere on the web, thank you.

RealDirtySouth

Good luck with that attitude.

Oh, and in single sentence - there is nothing wrong with the diet as outputted by the image you posted except that it is not possible to identify whatever objectives you might have and other essential long term data, nor does it allow one to discern variety as might the local diary.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You posted a screenshot to a website that most of us have never seen before. How are we supposed to interpret it? It says you made 100% of your macro goals and only went a little over on sodium and trans fat. All I can take from that is that you are doing fine. Are you just looking for a pat on the bat because you have successfully used a tool that the rest of us haven't?

Okay... WTG! /sarcasm
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Two questions to further assess:

1. DYEL?
    2. When was the last time you were with a woman? You're angrier and more wound up than I am.. and that's saying a lot.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    OK, it seems that I have overestimated the knowledge of participants on this site then. This is the food and *nutrition* forum after all, but perhaps this is too advanced for people here if you think that seeing that I eat broccolli is somehow more important than my overall macro/micro- nutrient breakdown that I posted.

I will try and find a more informed nutrition forum elsewhere on the web, thank you.

RealDirtySouth

Thread_d21006_179786.gif
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    "In order for people to review your diet, you would need to make your diary public so people can better assist you. Even if it's only a few days, we need to see it to see how you've been logging."

Hi Angf, thanks for the reply. Did you miss the link where I posted a screenshot of my cronometer macro/micro breakdown? What would be the point me adding a link to my food diary, which lists only basic macros, when the cronometer image posted has a full macro- and mico-nutrient breakdown?

You posted the breakdown for a single day, and gave us no personal stats or information by which we can judge whether your intake is appropriate for your goals or not.

I'm not sure what you expect us to tell you from looking at a single day's eating.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    ni for gifs and popcorn :drinker: :laugh: :drinker: :bigsmile: :glasses:
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide a brief explanation for locking this topic.

M4DTmnr.jpg

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.