Help

Options
Ive tried dieting so many times and I have always fell off the wagon. But I have 347 days until my wedding and I would love to look and feel great on my big day. I dont even know where to start. I dont have much help at home. I just dont know what to do. HELP!:sad:

Replies

• life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    this is a great place to start again. together we can all do this. feel free to add me
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    All you need to do is exactly what MFP tells you. Don't lie to it. Don't guess with the nutritional info, make sure you enter all the food and exercise as accurately as possible.

Your body will do the rest.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ok ... deep breath,
    There is wonderful support on this site. The 'program' is very simple. Just follow the set up, and start paying attention to your choices. Second deep breath .. make some friends (add me if you like), and start logging everything you eat and drink... Next deep breath... chose your activities.. get moving, and log in EVERY DAY! And deep breath again.. and it all boils down tooooo ... (drum roll here ) burn more calories than you take in... TA DA!

The math is simple, and it really works... You just bring the determination !

See, you've got this! =)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    dont do diets!...just adapt a healthier way of eating and get moving!...
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    You can do it!! This site has tons of great resources--a wonderful support system, a nifty food diary, and a way to track the calories you burn during your exercise! The thing that I have found MOST helpful is to try a bunch of different workouts until you find one (or a few!) that you like and actually sorta enjoy ;-) For me, I LOVE playing Dance Central on my XBOX Kinect; I enjoy Zumba; I like walking the track and getting on the elliptical; and I am okay with weight traning. Today, I bought an $18 Kettlebell from WalMart and did 10 minutes of workout with it and it was actually a little fun, too! If you HATE it, you WON'T stick with it! Keep going til you find something fun!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    When the going get's tough - the tought get MOVING. Exercise is REALLY important. Find something you love to do. Wii, DVD's, biking, running, walking, so many choices - the gym is not the only way.

Portion control when you have no food choices - I am assuming that you live at home. Protein and veggies for dinner. Lots of fruit, veggies and protein throughout the day actually. I find if I don't plan for my treats - I don't stick with it - so plan for them - find low cal treats you can have. I wait two hrs after dinner to have it too! It helps me to have something to look forward to at the end of the day. If you are on your own - trash the bad stuff and go shopping when you have time to read labels. Learn to cook - just broil, stove top grill and steam veggies at first. Plan your meals and then shop for ingredients. Busy? Grill lots of chicken breasts and freeze individually on the weekend and you have salads and wraps for the week Fast Food is really not your friend.

Water is KEY - so learn to drink it - all day and every day.

Have a conversation with yourself every morning about how important it is to you and visualize the results you want to achieve. Post pics if you have any that will motivate you. Have conversations with family, fiance and friends about how they can support you on this journey.

That and MFP should get you started. You can do it. Good luck!
  • sidneyrose
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. I got a wii and an xbox kinect so Im hoping those will help. Really the workout part isnt the hardest part. I eat when I get bored. I know.....BAD!