I beat my type 2 diabetes into submision.

Options
zezelryck
zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
A couple of years a go I got my myself into a sorry condition, but having a bad heart meant I had to do something about it. I joined slimming world and took up swimming. I started dieting on May 31st 2013 weighing in at a hefty 329lb. Today I weigh 185lb.

Last week I had my yearly diabetic blood test, the one where they can tell your blood sugars for the last 13 weeks. Don't know what its called as I am not too medical, anyhow the results came back and today I got a call from my doctors to tell me I no longer need to take any medication for diabetes. Seems like I kicked it into touch by losing 144lb. I will always be classed as a diabetic so I am told but at least it is under control. I achieved this all through good diet and exercise. If you have Type 2 diabetes then don't give up, I have shown it is very possible to control it and I am just an ordinary Joe or Allan. It just takes a little planning, some good advice and a touch of will power. Mainly a complete lifestyle change.

Below is a photo of my before and the stage I am at now journey.

Good Luck with your journeys.

PicsArt_1399661465334_zps49471bc6.jpg[img][/img]

Replies

• zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    PicsArt_1399661465334_zps49471bc6.jpg
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bloomin' Amazing!!!! xxx :flowerforyou:
  • UncoveringAmy
    Options
    Woooooooooah! That is an amazing transformation! Great work.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    I think you have said it all. Such a brilliant achievement. I expect you feel great as everything is coming back together, enjoy the fruits of Your achievements..
  • shinyshinyy
    Options
    WOW well done!! you've done amazingly, diabetes is something I'm very cautious about thanks to my grandfather having it, inspirational!
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Way to kick butt!! :drinker:
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congrats on taking charge of your health!
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Amazing achievement and sorting the diabetes is a huge bonus. Well done, I am SO impressed ????
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Former rugby player?
  • bjstru
    bjstru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!!!
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great!
  • MEK1960
    MEK1960 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing AND inspiring! You have taken back your life!
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!
  • missigus
    missigus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment!
  • marialynn2014
    marialynn2014 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job! That should always be our #1 goal, to make sure we are healthy :) I'm sure you are an inspiration to all the diabetics on this site. You really can improve! And, just FYI, the test is A1C :happy:
  • GlucernaBrand
    GlucernaBrand Posts: 486
    Options
    What an inspiring story and congratulations on taking back your health. What are the top changes you made that helped you lose weight? Hearing about what helps others reach their goals can be really motivating. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Wow!!!
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. =)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That's just so awesome :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!