what have I done to me

Options
Its 1 year finished yesterday for me with MFP. Significant weight loss happened from 87kg to 71kg from May to December. Stopped logging after Christmas as was guilty of binge eating and no exercise. The weight is constantly increasing since. I am ashamed of myself now that I am allowed myself to gain weight. I am at 75kgs today. Need to go back to my routines of limited calories and bit of exercise. I don't know why am I writing it here and not sure what am I expecting from here when I know what am I suppose to do.

My goal weight is 62kgs.

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    It helps to have people motivate you because many of us had to start over a few times before getting it right.

You know the drill!

Good Luck!
  • ezloshead
    ezloshead Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This isn't shame. What you feel six months from now when you've gained it all back and friends ask you what happened, THAT will be shame. Get back on the horse, acknowledge your mistake, and keep going.
    Like a BOSS.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    May to December are also my big weight loss months. I mostly maintain Christmas to May. The thing that keeps me honest is I never stop logging my food. I have learned the hard way if I don't log I eat much more than I thought I did. I may never be able to stop logging but I know I can maintain.
  • red0202
    red0202 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for motivational comments. May be I did right by expressing my feelings here.

I am back.
  • kgeiger141
    kgeiger141 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This isn't shame. What you feel six months from now when you've gained it all back and friends ask you what happened, THAT will be shame. Get back on the horse, acknowledge your mistake, and keep going.
    Like a BOSS.

The same thing happened to me and I felt like a failure and was full of shame, up until I just read this post above. Thank you for that, because I think I really needed to hear that and it helped me!!
  • thriftdiving
    thriftdiving Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you got rid of it once, you can do it again! :) Confucius once said, "It doesn't matter how slow you go, as long as you don't stop." This is what I tell myself when I feel like my weight loss isn't moving quickly enough. In other words, keep going and never give up!

Serena @ Thrift Diving
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Love this mentality. I feel like we're so used to instant gratification in so many areas of our lives we find it hard to deal with it when something we want to happen doesn't happen right away... well I know I definitely have less patience than I should.

It's the direction I'm moving, not the speed that counts here.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I just posted on my wall about this. I have been here for 200 days now. My first three months were great. I lost most of what I am down in that time. Then things happened. Job change, injuries, etc. got lost on the way. I gained back 4lbs a few months ago and was able to maintain, but I had stopped logging. I have gotten back at it recently and continue to move forward. You can do it too! Get back at it, you know it works. You got this :flowerforyou:
  • rachaelbarton
    rachaelbarton Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another thing to keep in mind is that overall health, not just the appearance of health, is our goal. Any break you can give your body, whether you maintained it for 1 month or 5 months of 6 years, is a break that your body appreciated and used to heal and rebuild better than before.
  • TabithaRyan68
    TabithaRyan68 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep logging. It doesn't matter what you eat or how you binge, keep logging. Seeing those numbers on your diary provide a lot of motivation.
    If it goes in my mouth it goes in my diary... even 1 candy!! I have days where I go over but seeing what I'm doing is a big inspiration.
    Remember, you are here for you!!
    I'm really glad you posted because you need the support of friends too. My family isn't going through this with me. I mean, they eat what I cook but the rest of the day they are on their own, they don't want to participate with me (and they could both lose weight too!) so I make friends here cause no matter how much we have to lose we are all in this together. We are all suffering from the same challenges and it is nice to hear that you are not alone.
    LOL... wise words from someone only on her 21st day but I already get what this group is about and it is already making a huge difference and I love it!!