where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options
Hi Just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I went to luluemon on the weekend and it cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants. Does anyone else find that expensive? It seem most people at my gym get their workout clothes there.
It just seems expensive to me. Anyone have suggetions of where they shop that doesnt cost arm and leg and doesnot look cheap?

Replies

• pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I figure, it's not a fashion show. Kohl's, Macy's, Target. Wherever I can find something I'm comfortable in.

A typical outfit at the gym for me (T, bottoms, sports bra) probably runs me around $50-60 for the outfit, on the expensive side.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I have some Lulu stuff and I like it, but I like my $20 Old Navy yoga pants just as much. I get my sports bras and tanks tops (plain cotton, nothing fancy) from Target.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with TJMaxx- I get the cutest workout capris from them- seriously- all under 25$- quality pants- that hold up really well (I don't put mine in the drier either though)- I typically have a hard time walking in there without spending at least 40 bucks on new clothes- I'm OBSESSED. I have problems.

sport's bra's come from Wal-Mart

Tank tops come from Target or Old Navy

Dcks sporting goods has some okay prices- their shorts seem priced better than capri's but YMMV
  • harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Old Navy hands down is my favorite for cost and fit, Target second, and if you have a TJMaxx or Marshall's near you, there are great name brans for deals! I got a Nike DriFit shirt for $17 - retails for $40!
    I find that I like to reward myself with workout clothes, so I'd be spending a fortune if I shopped at Lulu! Yikes!
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I got some stuff from Sports Authority and Kmart. Lulu has gorgeous stuff, but it is expensive.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'll splurge on the sports bra......Moving Comfort (totally worth it)......all else Target.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    the bridge of death.....\m/
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Home Depot.
  • lifu1
    lifu1 Posts: 10
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Old Navy, Target
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Walmart, Target and Old Navy.
  • Jollybeard
    Jollybeard Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Salvation Army, Goodwill … seriously.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Sportsbras: runningwarehouse.com or movingcomfort.com when they're on sale
    Shorts: lululemon - they have the ONE pair of shorts I *love* to run in. It's a splurge for sure, but I've had the same set of 4 shorts for 3+ years now and they keep going strong
    Tops: nordstroms rack, Lucy.com (on sale)
    Running capris/tights: athleta.com (again, usually on sale)

It can get pricey, but for me, it's motivation and an investment. I feel good when I know I look good and am wearing cute things. It just works for me.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    fyi, feel free to wear jeans to the gym.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    zvc2hk.gif
  • birdsetfree
    birdsetfree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort sports bra a must! it's worth every penny ... I get mine from titlenine.com

The rest, I find at discount stores, TJ Maxx, Ross, Target, the thrift stores. everything is either black gray or pink -- it all goes together.

The only thing worth spending the $ on is a pair of good shoes and a bra.
  • charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Most of mine is from Old Navy and Winners (scored an awesome New Balance sports bra there for $20). I sometimes go to the Reebok warehouse near me too.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and occasionally Target
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Old Navy work out clothes!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Kohl's. I love their exercise department. Sizes are good, prices are reasonable.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    zvc2hk.gif

giphy.gif

*giggles* You know you love me ;)