where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• jennafer32
    jennafer32 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Old Navy's are great and way way cheaper! They also have compression pants and socks-love them!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I get the same brand of tanks and they are always 9.99. I have 5 or 6 of them in all different colors.

So- question- do you go in and find a potentially different tank and HAVE to have it because a. it's on sale and b. you might just need ONE EXTRA black tank and c. it MIGHT not be the same style???

because- yes- I'm guilty of this. I breed tank tops at my house it seems.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    kmart, lululemon, old navy, freshpair (expensive bras, but they fit right), capezio, tjMaxx - Some expensive, some not.
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Probably 50%+ of my tech clothes came from races, which have various prices and cost. Beyond that, my shorts usually are in the $30 USD range, and are the lined ones, and usually whatever cheap not-cotton socks I find, sometimes they are on sale and such. Shoes are the real killer. I did buy some sleevless shirts from old navy for $5 each last year, but as a guy, there is not always as many options. Cheap is good though... and I do own some expensive stuff too, like a $75 shirt that is for running in freezing weather.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I used to wear ratty old T-shirts. The ones with holes from playing tackle football with mud stains, and teeth marks from dog bites.

Then I started liking the motivational statements that I saw on other people's shirts. It was kinda empowering/motivating.

My wife bought me some Alter Ego Under Armour shirts for $35 each for my birthday. I returned it and told her that I appreciated the sentiment but it's too much to spend on a workout shirt. Typically, I go to Rugged Outback, or Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross to get some other brand of shirts for about $10-15 each. I like the Nike dri-fit or Under Armour type material. I'm going to check out the outlet malls in a few weeks to see what's available.
  • amannduhh
    amannduhh Posts: 8
    Options
    as most people have mentioned target, kmart, walmart, hell even the salvation army ( i found a cool under armour shirt for $5).
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Say what you will, but Goodwill rocks for that stuff. Just avoid any undergarments and you will be fine.
  • CABeachBelle
    Options
    Academy. Their brand BCG. Super cute and super cheap. And they last a long time!!! I love them!

http://www.academy.com/shop/browse/apparel-women-s-apparel/bcg-153/_/N-871287452+4294966537
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Target for Champion pants & sports bras, Spira for tanks & tees. They're the only things that keep me cool enough in the summer and they are never more than $10-15. We have an outlet store here that stocks them at great prices, though I'm having trouble finding them online. DSW has proven to have a better selection of running shoes than the sports stores, so I get those there.

I was at Target this morning and they had piles and piles of their Champion bras on clearance. The medium support ones were $7-10 and I found one "premium support" one for $6!
  • gorange
    gorange Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx and / or Target. I also got a Moving Comfort bra on clearance at ****'s for, like, $12 -- i thought this was normal, but have since learned this was inSANEly cheap. i really like the style of Jockey for Her. their pants, capris and tops are cute and have held up well over the years. i easily find this brand at TJ Maxx. i have also found good deals on very cute stuff at Nordstrom Rack.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Primarily Target, Ross, Walmart, and TJ Maxx. I just buy what fits, what's comfortable,and what won't roll down/fall off when I'm working out. I order my olympic lifting shoes and my Converse for power lifting online. I don't care what anyone else is wearing and in fact I often think I could have bought some cool camping stuff for the price of some folk's clothing. I will spend extra money on good coats, good shoes, and a good back pack.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Walmart is my best bet for my size. Then Target and I usually go online for my bras.
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Target, Costco (love their tanks) and Fabletics (actually pretty impressed with the items that I have purchased from them).
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I buy everything from lululemon, one piece every few months.
  • cathylaine712
    Options
    I refuse to spend that much for workout clothes. I get some at Walmart (Danskin) and a lot at JCP. They have a store brand - Xersion- that I have had good luck w/. Price and fit are good and hold up w/ many washes. When I use to wear a lot of Nike, I would find my size in the store, then look for it on eBAY! :)
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I mix and match- pick up things on sale, etc. REI Outlet, Modell's (their in house brand is inexpensive and pretty good- $20 for most items), ****'s sale rack,...some Target.

My sister likes the Old Navy capri pants, and I've heard good things about JCP
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx usually has tons of stuff. I can get brands like Nike and Reebok and Adidas, sports bras and running, yoga or capri pants for less than $15 each.

Edited for typo.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I like my target and old navy workout clothes. On clearance if I can find it. :) I will say though, I like some of the official Zumba pants, but I rarely buy those and if I do, it's when they are on sale. I don't like spending a lot of money on clothes i'm just going to sweat and get disgusting in. As long as they fit well and keep everything covered and in place I'm happy.
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Walmart all the way, but admittedly, I am cheap when buying anything for myself :wink:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Hi Just wondering where you get your exercise clothes from? I went to luluemon on the weekend and it cost me 165.00 for one tshirt and one pair workout pants. Does anyone else find that expensive? It seem most people at my gym get their workout clothes there.
    It just seems expensive to me. Anyone have suggetions of where they shop that doesnt cost arm and leg and doesnot look cheap?

Walmart. t shirts, 5 bucks.

Yoga pants usually around 10-12 bucks.