Chalean Extreme Calorie Intake

Options
I've been doing Chalean Extreme, Power Yoga, and Hip Hop Abs Level 2 for the first month of Chalean Extreme and eat about 1840 calories at 5'4 and 226 pounds. I've gained two pounds but this happened to me when I did my first round of insanity so I'm not too worried about it. when I did insanity I didn't lose a pound, I lost 20 inches though which was awesome. And I'm already loosing inches on my first month of Chalean. My question is, since I'm about to go into month two, should I up my calorie intake or keep it the same? I work out 6 days a week and burn about 500-1,000 calories per workout day and eat back my burned calories. My goal is to loose inches but after two months of insanity and no weight loss, Id really like to see a change on the scale as my overall goal weight is 145 and feels so far away.

Month two I plan on continuing Chalean extreme, power yoga, and Rockin Body.

Replies

• PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CLX! I'm actually starting my third round in a couple of weeks! WOO HOO!

I would definitely do what the nutrition guide tells you as far as calorie intake goes and I know that it tells you to go up just a wee bit per phase as you'll be lifting harder. Sounds like you know exactly what to do so go for it! :D

Feel free to friend me, I LOVE talkin' CLX!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    (there is a ChaLean extreme support group on the forums)

In the Push Month you will probably be hungrier. I know I am!

I've done the program 2x and this is my 3rd round.

But you're saying you're doing 3 programs??
  • rjtoback
    rjtoback Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find this same issue is something many people new to nutrition and fitness have. First thing, you should do is stop eating back your calories burned. This is the incorrect thing to do. Based off of your stats and profile, your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is roughly 1800 calories. This means, how many calories your body burns without doing any additional work (sleeping, sitting around playing video games, etc). Your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is 2700 calories, meaning how many calories you are burning a day with exercise. So what does this mean?

It means if you burn off calories, then eat them back, you are back to where you started. Weight is lost via caloric deficit (taking in less calories than you burn). One thing I typically recommend to people is to eat a slight surplus of calories on the days you workout - depending on how it works for you 500cals is a place you can start with and adjust as needed. This way, you have that extra "energy" to burn, and you have accounted for it. Burning 1k calories, then eating it back is making you chase your tail, but if you have an extra 500cals, and burn off 1000 without eating them back, you now just did a 500cal deficit which = weight loss.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I eat back half my calories and did not like TDEE in combination with MFP because I like to see how many calories I burn on the chart.

I think that the OP should do her own research on TDEE vs the MFP + Workout methods.

Also, I halve the calories burned on my HRM because I think it overestimates. So in that case I'm at .25 eatback.
  • Wonderknight
    Options
    Yes. I'm doing three programs. Thank you for your reply, I suppose I'll up my calorie intake a little bit and test it out. :)