where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• gooserocks85
    gooserocks85 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has a lot of cute, cheap stuff. I also do a lot of shopping at Sierra Trading Post - great place to pick up discounted Smartwool or Icebreakers (if you're in to merino wool socks/shirts).
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    workout clothes I generally order online from forever21, good value, aand decent quality. I recently bought a sports bra from Gossards (a UK company) and the support is amazing. The previous ones I've had have been Nike or another less well known sports bra company and they've been next to useless. I'm not top heavy by any means but the Nike one (which was something like 30 euro) is literally useless - only got about 5 months use out of it - and I'm sorry that's not good enough!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Old Navy
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx, Ross, and Marshalls have been my favorites. Great prices on brand name stuff!

When I was still wearing plus (not long ago) I had excellent luck with their X-ersion line, clearance at JC Penney. I am pretty sure they do misses as well and will probably check that out in the future.

I can't bring myself to buy some of it at Target because really, $40+ on exercise pants AT TARGET just seems nuts to me...then again most of my exercise is pretty casual so maybe if I was seeking specific benefits it would feel more worthwhile.

ETA: I bought like-new Athleta shorts at a thrift store and I have to say those made me a believer. When and if I decide to splurge a bit in this category it will probably be Athleta stuff!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    for pants lulu is the most comfortable for me, but i hate paying the price, so i belong to lulu bidding sites and buy and sells on facebook. Have gotten some great deals!
    Victoria Secret has a newer workout line that is comfortable, still higher prices but not quite as bad as lulu

tops i get from anywhere that i find comfortable and cheap, old navy, gap, winners
  • TrishaBoo92
    Options
  • rjtoback
    rjtoback Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    OP - lulu lemon is a con. Their stuff is nice, but for some basic yoga pants that you are going to sweat in, go to walmart/target/cotsco.

Personally - i use stretchy (not spandex) shorts from under armour because I've ripped a few pairs doing heavy squats.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    target for all my duo dry shirts. and shorts from where ever like walmart. but I do need to buy new compression shorts so those, socks and shoes I buy from running stores. I have expensive taste when it comes to socks. CEP all the way. not really I have asics and puma socks also.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Costco! My sports bras are medium duty, $20 for two Champoin, and my racerback tanks, $10, capris $17 and pants $22. The clothes are Kirkland, Costco's home brand, but they hold up amazingly well. I have some that are three years old and still look new!
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    All the palaces that have been mentioned above and I will admit Sports Authority while insanely over priced for pretty much everything does carry Aspire capris, responsibly priced and make my otherwise oh-hum derriere look OH HUN!!!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I stock up whenever I'm near an Under Armour Outlet.

I also have bought some stuff from Sport Check and The Running Room.

I hate spending a LOT on clothes that I'm going to sweat in so I'm pretty picky about the price.

Lululemon is stupid expensive, IMO, but I did score an awesome pair of cropped tights from an outlet I stumbled on my last trip to the USA.
  • tracywatson710
    tracywatson710 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Marshal's and Target. Sometimes Costco has great workout tanks to.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and even then only when they are running a 30 or 40% off. I like their compression capris. I've got a ton of motivation saying tanks from TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Socks at Costco and sports bras at Walmart. I'm not overly blessed in that department so I don't have to spend a ton on those.

Not sure how accurate this is but I believe Costco athletic gear is made in the same factory as Lulu. Sort of like how Costco Vodka and Grey Goose are made by the same manufacturer.

I thought this was pretty informative as a couple of stores mentioned were new to me. I never have a reason to shop at JC Penny but I might to check out their workout gear. http://fitbottomedgirls.com/2014/04/7-places-to-score-affordable-workout-clothes/
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I bought some work out shorts that were on clearance for $4 at Wal-Mart...6 years ago. I still use those. Everything else...I use race t-shirts (which are now tech material, wasn't always that way) and old shirts from HS & College.

What I don't skimp on are socks & shoes. Amazon.com for those.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    TJ MAX, Marshalls and Ross for tops/shorts/running gear except shoes: Running store for fittings, then wherever online I can find last year's style on sale. Tried the bras at above stores, but not supportive enough. Paid full price for Panache/UnderArmour and well worth the price.

Some of the t-shirts I got from my races are wonderful and comfortable tech shirts.

Wicking socks I purchased from Target.

Purchased a very cute running skirt from sparkleskirts (thought I would get something nice--pockets on each leg, and a zippered pocket in front), but it bled and the company hasn't gotten back to me. Waste of 65 dollars.
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    Options
    I didn't read the comments but I get mine from Old Navy, it may not be the cheapest but way cheaper than what you paid lol.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Fabletics. Love em!
  • felicia2005
    felicia2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ross, walmart
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    marshalls tj maxx ross, target ..
    165 , i can buy 3 outfits plus new mats ... just saying...
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    If you like Lululemon, try out Costco's brand called Tuff Athletic. It is a cheap Lululemon knock off. The material seems identical to Lululemon patented luon material,and style, quality and even logo is very similar .
    This blogpost have some interesting comparison :
    http://luluaddict.blogspot.ca/2011/01/what-is-relationship-between-tuff.html
    Most of my workout gear is from this brand and I love it. I have a few pieces of lulu that I got as a gift or bought on clearance, but often I can not distinguish between the two types of clothes unless I check the logo.
    Tuff athletics Yoga/ workout pants are $20-25 , the Capris are $15-20, shorts are $15. Tanks a $15-20, and hoodies, zip up jackets are $25. All of items have an almost identical Lululemon match that cost 4-5 times more.