where do you buy your exercise clothes from

Options

Replies

• MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is Zulily --- they have some great deals.
    Otherwise I mostly use Target and TJMaxx --- or the outlet mall for Athleta, UnderArmour etc.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Someone may have mentioned it already, but discount sites like Zullily often have Lulu and other designer names on super discount so you might want to check those out now and then.

Also, I'm a HUGE nerd, so I wear a lot of geeky shirt.woot.com tanks (think star wars/trek) to the gym. I get some cute gym tanks from Amazon, too.

Also - Target's Champion brand is SUPER awesome for small chested girls. Just sayin.
  • lynnkieu
    lynnkieu Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like Old Navy exercise shirts and pants. They're cute and the prices are great.

I also like Fabletics but only for the first purchase. If it's your first time they'll give you an outfit for $25, free shipping. That's where I got my outfit in my profile (After) picture.

http://www.fabletics.com/invite/20355480/
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has awesome workout clothes! I love them!

THIS EXACTLY and watch for sales cuz you can get compression capris for $10 sometimes!!
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    NordicTrack wear at Sears
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    What's the deal on Old Navy? All the exercise stuff is racerback. Maybe a dumb question, but what do you do with a regular bra? I don't do high impact, so I don't have a sports bra, let alone a racerback bra.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I always buy exercise clothes at Marshall's. They keep expensive brands like Nike and RBX for way marked down. Nothing is ever over 20 dollars.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    What's the deal on Old Navy? All the exercise stuff is racerback. Maybe a dumb question, but what do you do with a regular bra? I don't do high impact, so I don't have a sports bra, let alone a racerback bra.

:huh: Most people work out in sports bras (they "wick" the sweat, don't get ruined by sweat, etc) and most sports bras are race back. I always wear a sports bra to work out even if all I'm doing is lifting.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I generally find that racerback is annoyingly overproduced , and I only have one racerback sports bra, I always stock up on tanks if I find a cheap good quality one without racerback because it seem to be rare.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

:huh: Most people work out in sports bras (they "wick" the sweat, don't get ruined by sweat, etc) and most sports bras are race back. I always wear a sports bra to work out even if all I'm doing is lifting.
    Well, lovely, but I don't feel the need to, so my question stands. :smile:
    Besides, not all sports bras are racerbacks.
  • TechLady11412
    TechLady11412 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores. Nike Dri-Fit/Avia/Reebok running pants for $6.56 or $7.57. Running tees, workout tees (dri fit materials) anywhere from $1.91 to $4.94. Running bras (even though harder to find) the same. (I'm 34B so I don't need super-duper). I bank on the fact that most Americans like their gear NEW and NOW. Their giveaways are my gain. I can use my savings for better quality food (organic, grass-fed, pastured eggs, etc)
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I always wear sports bra, but above certain cupsize racerback is not that common. I have at least a half dozen sports bra and only one of them is a racerback.
  • dancinqueen91
    dancinqueen91 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Athleta has good sales online. Also, if you really want the Lululemon brand, look on eBay. Tons of people sell new items with tags. This is a great idea if you know your size! Just read each buyer's description.
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    Options
    Old Navy for compression pants (so cheap, yet good quality), and I usually buy shirts online through Sierra Trading Post. Really good deals there and they have a variety of workout clothing.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Well, lovely, but I don't feel the need to, so my question stands. :smile:
    Besides, not all sports bras are racerbacks.

many of them are actually because it provides better support and doesn't have straps slipping all over. But that's not important.

I don't do high impact much- well I do jump rope- but I mostly power lift- and while I can absolutely do it in a street bra- a sports bra is significantly better. For a lot of reasons- I will often double up- street bra + sports bra.

regardless- if you only wear street bras- then wear a street bra and a tank top- you are working out- literally no one cares if your bra straps are out.

But to answer your question- all my tanks are from Target and Old navy- not from the work out section- just the regular t-shirt- tank section and not a single one of them are a racer back- like I said I often double up on street and sports bras and you cannot see my street bra straps.

Someone on FB was complaining about racer back only- I wish I had that problem- I love racer back tanks- I feel like I can't ever find them!!!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    For running gear I buy mostly from Niketown. I have a few things I've picked up at Sports Authority. I used to buy tons of Under Armour bottoms but I've found that I go through their tights too quick. So now I just buy their tops.

For the gym, I have tons of Lululemon.
  • Greywalk
    Greywalk Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Amazon.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Maybe I am missing something, but why do you have to wear a racerback bra with it? My sports bra is shaped exactly like a regular bra and i wear it with racerback tanks... :huh:
  • lysslax
    lysslax Posts: 64
    Options
    I primarily shop at Lulu for running and yoga gear. I have bought things in the past from Old Navy, Under Armour, and Athleta, and honestly - Lulu is the best quality. Anyone who has never worn it would obviously think it is absurdly overpriced (which I do agree, it is too expensive), but I bought my first pair of running tights there in 2010 that i've worn over 500 times (who knows how many miles!!) and they're still going strong! I'm all about price per wear, and I get more than my money's worth with Lulu.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Maybe I am missing something, but why do you have to wear a racerback bra with it? My sports bra is shaped exactly like a regular bra and i wear it with racerback tanks... :huh:

also thinking when we say tanks- people are only thinking about the athletic wear tanks-which yes- are very often racer backs.

When I say Old Navy or Target tanks- I mean their regular up front around town tank tops. like 5-8$ a pop