I'm wondering..

Options
Is it worth it to have an 120 cal bag of crisps?
I'm below my maintenance so I still have a deficit.
*edit*
Done now, discussion over, Thanks some of you for your help
*edit*

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    you currently weigh 105lbs and want to weigh 95lbs...at 18....:noway:

Unless you are 5 feet tall or less that is not a good goal so yah eat the chips...eat 2 bags even...actually eat enough food to get you to maintenance...
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1-2 ish
    So yeah, basically 5 foot
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1-2 ish

at 5ft 1-2 you are fine the way you are...perhaps what you are wanting is to appear smaller instead of being lighter...

at 110lbs you are almost at the perfect weight for your height...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

check this young woman out...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes. Eat them.
  • Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1-2 ish

at 5ft 1-2 you are fine the way you are...perhaps what you are wanting is to appear smaller instead of being lighter...

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

She didn't ask for this. ^^

Anyways, yes go for it! Remember 80/20. 80% "healthy" foods 20% treats!
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options
    Well i've decided to get down to 105, then start gettting muscle
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Why put it off until later when you could start now?
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

just be careful as that might come back to bite you in the end. I had the same mentality to get down to goal before I started lifting, with the idea that I didn't want to bulk up while trying to lose weight. What I've gathered from multiple threads and a little research, is that not only is it very difficult to do that, when I finally DO get down to goal, I'm going to be a thin, weak person. Since my body will consume my muscle as well as my fat, it is then important to chase that protein, and get those weights in to preserve that muscle. Best of luck to you lady, and I say eat the chips and then make yourself some eggs and bacon. If I have room at the end of the day, I make some eggs and bacon. Eggs and bacon. Just wanted to say it again, because its delicious.

eggs and bacon
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1-2 ish

Then, she can consider it a freebie. When 105 lb 18 yr old girls ask in the forum if they should eat a 120 calorie bag of crisps.... all sorts of alarm bells go off.

Your ticker says you are 105 now ?
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options

just be careful as that might come back to bite you in the end. I had the same mentality to get down to goal before I started lifting, with the idea that I didn't want to bulk up while trying to lose weight. What I've gathered from multiple threads and a little research, is that not only is it very difficult to do that, when I finally DO get down to goal, I'm going to be a thin, weak person. Since my body will consume my muscle as well as my fat, it is then important to chase that protein, and get those weights in to preserve that muscle. Best of luck to you lady, and I say eat the chips and then make yourself some eggs and bacon. If I have room at the end of the day, I make some eggs and bacon. Eggs and bacon. Just wanted to say it again, because its delicious.

eggs and bacon
    Done the crisps and maybe at the weekend :)
  • spara0038
    spara0038 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you... 5'1", 5'2" on a good day (my doctor once measured 5' and 1 15/16"! come on!!!).

Seriously, eat the friggin chips. I'm about 130, still losing weight, and can still eat chips, chocolates, etc. It's not about what you eat but how many calories you take in and your activity level- cardio and weights. If you want to look slimmer, do some weights, eat enough, and stick with a routine that you can hold onto (including the occasional chips). Denying yourself will cause problems with binge eating later.

I calculated it out and found that the lower range for healthy BMI for my (our) height is 103 lbs. You're right on the lower limit right now anyway- why do you feel like you need to lose weight? Honestly, if you don't like your body composition, lift weights- but at least revel in the fact that on the scales, you're THERE.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Agh here we go again...
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat.
  • sloth3toes
    Options
    Agh here we go again...

QFT.

134743601150503deb09d38.jpg
  • Short_n_Plump
    Options
    My ticker is being dodgy, ignore it.
  • sloth3toes
    Options

Done now, discussion over, Thanks some of you for your help

Unfortunately, when you start a thread, you don't get to end it.
  • coneja_fea
    coneja_fea Posts: 4
    Options
    The calories in that bag of chips don't matter, but the nutrition does. It's fine to eat chips but also meet your other nutritional needs!

I'm glad you're stopping at 105. At this point, weight loss should not be your goal. You're right to focus on improving your health through cardio and muscle building. Go gain some muscle weight and become a badass! (=

Also, if you become a pack of dynamite, you can destroy people who pet you on the head or try to pick you up. ;)
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1-2 ish

Yes you are correct but I would be remiss if I didn't mention it to the OP. Esp with her being so little now...

Often times we as women don't realize that we can weigh heavy on the scale (heavy is relative) and still look amazing esp if we lift.

I agree 80/20...follow it myself hence my initial response of yes eat them...

To the OP I noted that blog as that young woman looks amazing after lifting weights and weighs a whole lot more than anyone would guess...if you are interested in getting smaller without losing weight try weight lifting and eating more food (even at maintenance) as you will be amazed at what it can do for you.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 1-2 ish

Then, she can consider it a freebie. When 105 lb 18 yr old girls ask in the forum if they should eat a 120 calorie bag of crisps.... all sorts of alarm bells go off.

Your ticker says you are 105 now ?
    Just someone who wants attention and looking for people to say she is just fine the way she is.
  • coneja_fea
    coneja_fea Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe, but at 18, that's pretty much the norm. We're bombarded with propaganda that makes us feel inadequate and teaches us that our value comes from the opinion of others on our bodies. It's obviously not how real life works, but you know.. to get people to buy stuff, you have to make them think they need it. lol. It's not a big surprise when women, esp. young girls, then express feelings of inadequacy and seek the approval of others. I went through this phase HARD as a young person. It took a lot of compassion for me to finally accept that I looked fine physically and that my looks were not the only thing that mattered - that people, in reality, liked/disliked me primarily for my personality and my looks were mostly inconsequential. And to the companies that propagate the unattainable body, they don't care about how I look either. My value to them is how much money I have. XD
    I know it's frustrating. It can be hard to be patient. Just.. try to show some compassion. <3