Please sir, can I have 5 more appointments? Oh you're too k

Options
2»

Replies

• jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    That does not sound like fun at all! Now I'm really dreading my appointment next week. It sounds like mine isn't quite as bad as yours. I'm at .003. I can't believe you were not feeling funky. I haven't had the unexplained weight loss thing either. Just a golf ball size knot in my neck, racing heart beat and extreme intolerance to heat. I hope things go well for you. Keep us posted.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I had a huge swelling in the side of my throat about a year ago, which I just thought was cold related. When I got it checked out, I didn't have insurance at the time, but the guy told me he didn't know what it was (isn't that annoying?) and just prescribed me prescription advil. He did mention that my thyroid seemed 'full'. So I finally have insurance and decided it was time to go get things checked out. I always feel pretty lazy and fatigued but I've always attributed that to lack of sleep rather than the thyroid. Who knows? :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Well after 2 appointments yesterday and one today at the hospital, I'm done with my thyroid scanning and just awaiting the results. As I was walking out of the hospital today though I get a call from my Endocrinologist's office saying they got some tests back they did with my bloodwork and apparently the test on my liver came back abnormal...? So my primary physician is in the process of getting the paperwork from them so we can figure out what is wrong there.

:laugh: Dontcha love it?

On the plus side I've lost 11lbs since June 13th!!! :happy:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    When it rains it pours
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Tell me about it! :laugh:

I'm waiting on a call back from my doctor now about my liver.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I got a call back from the doc! I go in Friday morning to get moooooore blood drawn to do more detailed testing on my liver. Whoohoo! :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Got more blood drawn today, like the 4th time in the last couple weeks. I normally don't feel anything afterwards, but for some reason, this lady slammed the needle into my arm and now my whole arm is really sore! It feels like she hit a tendant or something. Ouch! :grumble: