But Many of You Will Succeed Because You Become Better!

Options
But Many of You Will Succeed Because You Become Better All Around

I got up this morning at 5:30 and went walking for an hour. I can only run every three days at this point because of my knees, but the run/walks get longer and I am planning to do a 5K at the end of the year. I was using my "RunKeeper" app and listening to the reports by each minute and thought about people who have dropped off the site or gone inactive. I am the worst offender because I went completely AWOL for about 5 months from the fall of 2013 to Spring 2014..

OK... enough TL:DR

Are you self Motivated?

Using the app and the website is the "tool" but it is not the reason you are tying to lose weight, get fit, bulk, cut, get mobile. At one point or another YOU decided to do something and you are doing it. Maybe you have found some great supportive friends here (I sure have!). Maybe you have gotten pissed off by a "mean" post, but it still made you think. Maybe you have realized that you are lucky enough to be able to walk around on your own two feet (unlike some of the very unfortunately people who were the victims of the tragedy and horror of the Boston Marathon).

I feel that 2-3 years from now (heck.. maybe 2-3 months from now) I will look back at my data/posts/interactions from MFP and realize:

I have become more disciplined!

Because when you get right down to it... self-discipline is doing what you told yourself you are going to do without whining and excuses.

If I never lose another lb or inch, but keep doing the lifestyle and putting in the thought and work... I will still be better off.

Go for it everyone.... This is YOUR day! :drinker:

Replies

• TraceyLee1102
    TraceyLee1102 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Thank you for the motivating and encouraging words! Well said :happy:
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I agree. Any changes made and kept to will only bring more benefits
  • Krikit34
    Krikit34 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
    (I am assuming this is a response to the "many of you will fail" post a bit ago. People certainly have a reason to quit when they get that kind of support :angry: )

Great perspective, great encouragement!:drinker:
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    YES!! :drinker: :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @Everyone... thanks so much!
    @Krikit - Thanks! :smile: you were right on that this was a response to the other post. I read the post a few times and I really liked a lot of it. The message was very subtle and it took me a while to get it. After a few reads I realized that MFP is part of the process. LIke what comes first, the chicken or the egg. Or what comes first the motivation or the use of MFP?

We all get better! :drinker: :smile:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I am where I am because of you. I have used your insight and attitude and shared with others. You have done more than you think in your journey because of the help you have given me. And I am sure I am not the only one.

Mad love, Chevy! :heart: :drinker:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    @Everyone... thanks so much!
    @Krikit - Thanks! :smile: you were right on that this was a response to the other post. I read the post a few times and I really liked a lot of it. The message was very subtle and it took me a while to get it. After a few reads I realized that MFP is part of the process. LIke what comes first, the chicken or the egg. Or what comes first the motivation or the use of MFP?

We all get better! :drinker: :smile:

I'm glad you took the time to read my post a few times to understand it. A lot of people will skim over it and miss the entire meaning only because the title of the thread throws them off. I like to post ideas with deeper meanings, I appreciate your thread's piggyback on mine. :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @Rhon.. And right back to you you because you have inspired me the same.. It is all about support - You Rock! :drinker: :smile:
    I am where I am because of you. I have used your insight and attitude and shared with others. You have done more than you think in your journey because of the help you have given me. And I am sure I am not the only one.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @uconnwinsncaa - I really liked your post... It was thought provoking and I liked it because it was a "challenge".
    It kind of got my creative thoughts flowing!:drinker:

I'm glad you took the time to read my post a few times to understand it. A lot of people will skim over it and miss the entire meaning only because the title of the thread throws them off. I like to post ideas with deeper meanings, I appreciate your thread's piggyback on mine. :smile:
  • Fit_Content
    Fit_Content Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This is what I needed to read today!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    <>
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    This is why you're such a great friend! Exactly what I needed to read today!
    Thank you ChevySmart! And don't beat yourself over it... I'm also guilty of going AWOL not too long ago :wink: But I really think it's part of the process... I think we sometimes need to take a break (read break and NOT step back) to be able to go forward (again).

Funny-gif-cat-hugging-plush-toy.gif
  • moneil25
    moneil25 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Chevy when you started "Keeping It Green" {after we came out of a challenge that was much stricter} you hit the nail right on the head. For me a light came on. There was some leeway "the extra 99 calories" plus the challenge allowed for life to happen. We could have red days but aspired to stay green. I admit I personally have been known to exercise longer to fit in a glass of wine. And best of all we made some great friends. Thank you Kawookie for keeping it going. I stepped away from the challenge for a couple of months when I couldn't exercise. But I kept logging food.

The fact that you went AWOL is behind you. The most important thing is you are back. And you have made a positive impact on others.

MFP works. I think you need to want to make a change in your life. But on MFP there is something for everyone and if you find your niche you want to check in every day. I might not always want to comment , somedays I'm more inclined than others, but I think the interaction with others, and their support will continue to make a difference for me.

Thanks for being a friend.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @Moneil and @Speedy

Thank you so much! This thread is proof that MFP can be a really positive place! :smile:

You all are great!:smile:
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,883 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading all of this. And will stay motivated because of some of it. Remember how we met? Over a pushup challenge. :) I still do them.

Glad you are back. :)

Shelley