Hello everyone

Options
SuzieQT
SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
I'm 21 and I'm in my first week of dieting and exercising. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I've been over weight most of my life. I once lost 30 lbs but due to school, work, stress, and no time I gained most of it back. This time I'm making a plan to change my eating habits for good. I know I can diet and loose the weight. What I have a hard time with is keeping it off. My boyfriend and I are starting to cook at home more often and we're trying new healthier recipes too! Let me know if you have any tips on making that complete change.

84736.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:heart: Its all downhill after the first few weeks... :heart:

Replies

• SuzieQT
    SuzieQT Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and I'm in my first week of dieting and exercising. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I've been over weight most of my life. I once lost 30 lbs but due to school, work, stress, and no time I gained most of it back. This time I'm making a plan to change my eating habits for good. I know I can diet and loose the weight. What I have a hard time with is keeping it off. My boyfriend and I are starting to cook at home more often and we're trying new healthier recipes too! Let me know if you have any tips on making that complete change.

84736.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

:heart: Its all downhill after the first few weeks... :heart:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • tacoman
    tacoman Posts: 40
    Options
    Just wanted to add my welcome as well.

Sounds like you are on the right cource. Good luck.

65461.png
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    WELCOME! You've definitely made the right choice. MyFitnessPal is truly a "pal". I know, I've lost 13 pounds since July 1, with about 20 more to go! Since I started MFP, I've had less than three days that my calories have been over my limit (1,200/day). As for cooking at home, great idea; but I prefer Lean Cuisine meals. Fast, easy, inexpensive, delicious, and lots to choose from. I also buy the salad mix and just add some fat-free dressing. Salads always take my appetite away for hours! Drink the water, too (8 glass a day). That helps keep your digestive system working. I drink a lot of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea with Splenda, hot or cold, it's still a great drink to keep on hand. And I love those 50-cal. Skinny Cow chocolate ice cream bars! Take lots of walks, even if it's only through the house for ten or fifteen minutes. I like walking outside to music, or on the treadmill if the weather isn't right. Stick with it and enjoy your success.

Good luck!
    mknipp
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you and your boyfriend! It is going to be so great to have someone help you along the way! HOORAY! That can make such a difference! YOU CAN DO IT!:flowerforyou: Hooray to both of you!!!